Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,350   Online: 815

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Kodak Commercial Ektar 8 inch f6.3 w/box, sync cord

Thinning out the lens box and selling a Kodak Commercial Ektar 8 inch f6.3 large format lens.

Lens: Glass is in excellent condition with no marks, anything you see in the photos is dust. There is some cosmetic damage to the front of the lens, it looks like someone made small holes to use a tool to un-thread the lens from the shutter.

No. 3 Acme Synchro Shutter: Works on all speeds and T mode but it hangs on B. Slow speeds sound a bit slow to me. Flash sync works although the tiny knob is missing from the flash sync lever (shown in photo). I have the knob just not the even tinier screw that holds it on. Also the plastic threaded insert is are missing from the cable release socket, which means you can't attach one. I figure something like this could easily be fixed but I have always just used the lever on the lens to fire it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: When I got this lens the shutter was gummy and the flash sync would not fire. I flushed it out with Ronsinol. To some people this is OK, to others it is not. All I know is that the shutter is now working reliably as described and has been for a year since I did this.

Sale includes the original box, and a short bi-post to PC sync adapter cord from Paramount Cords.

Asking $150. Shipping in US or Canada is $25, international can contact me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are the pics. Also forgot to mention that the original rear cap is also included. No front cap.

The last pic is where you can see the missing threads in the cable release socket and the missing tiny knob on the flash sync lever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled shoot-Nov-09-2013__0009-9.jpg   untitled shoot-Nov-09-2013__0009-7.jpg   untitled shoot-Nov-09-2013__0009-6.jpg   untitled shoot-Nov-09-2013__0009-14.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Question only at this point.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I need to leave computer for a bi. Waiting for your paypal address.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sale pending

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold, thanks Patrick!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arrived safe in Bellingham. Going through my lens boards now to see if I can mount it on something I already have in my stash. Pleasure doing business.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Patrick, likewise!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin