Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,524   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm considering it... need to sit down and do some calculations about field of view etc.

Diagonal on 8x10 is 12.8 inches... I'd need it to cover diagonals of 10.4 and 11.7 inches, and I'd be disappointed if it didn't. I don't need any wiggle room for movements. I'm working now and will be busy tonight, but tomorrow I'll try to sit down with a calculator tomorrow. Don't hold it for me if someone else makes an offer.

If I decide to buy it I'll pay your original price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    If it includes a 70mm back for Pentax 645 I might be. Otherwise it's a format that I don't have the equipment for.
    I have a home made dev tank and full 5m(15 foot) SS spool, and GRAFLEX 4x5 to 6x7 70mm back, and some C-41 Kentmere film (100ft) and other B&W films if you want.

Good for a long trip, each 70mm back will shoot about 50-60 images (depending on base thickness). So good for getting long distance images on a 4x5 while backpacking on a long trip without having to take tons of sheet film backs or a dark bag, saves a lot of weight and still let's you shoot with tilts etc.

No 645 stuff, I don't think they ever made 70mm backs for 645...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ned, Stone:

Thanks for the interest, sorry to report it sold earlier today over on the large format forum.

Stone I'm not an expert on 70mm but they did make a back for the Pentax 645 and maybe other medium format cameras as well (Hasselblad?). The Pentax back sticks out the back of the camera and you needed an extension eyepiece to use it.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/accessor...70mm-film.html

Regards,
    Anthony

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Hi Ned, Stone:

Thanks for the interest, sorry to report it sold earlier today over on the large format forum.

Stone I'm not an expert on 70mm but they did make a back for the Pentax 645 and maybe other medium format cameras as well (Hasselblad?). The Pentax back sticks out the back of the camera and you needed an extension eyepiece to use it.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/accessor...70mm-film.html

Regards,
    Anthony
    Interesting that you need a separate Eyepiece for that version of the 70mm back, yes they do make a Hassleblad, they also make a Mamiya RB67 and RZ67 back, neither of those need any special eyepiece though. I've owned both those last two, they work great. I just shoot a lot slower in 4x5 so even in my 6x7 adapter for 120 I don't really need that many frames, but I know you go out for days at a time (or that was my impression) so figured I would give it as an option.

Be well and congrats on the sale!

~Stone
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a very interesting format due to the amount of shots and film size. Frankly, I'm already shooting 35mm, 120 and four sizes of sheet film I had better draw the line somewhere.

Since this is actually a FS sale thread I had better close it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin