Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,077   Online: 931

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rolleiflex 2.8F White Face camera in exc+ condition with clean and clear glass

A day after I purchased this camera (recently) a 2.8GX showed up for sale at an even better price so I bought that and now I just can't keep 2 expensive cameras of the same type so this one has to go. It's a beautiful camera and even though I haven't had too much time to bond with it I hate to see it go but I would rather have the extra money for film than a camera sitting around.

For sale is my Rolleiflex 2.8F whiteface twin lens reflex camera. The camera is in wonderful condition, would call it mint- if not for the VERY small ding on the right side black trim of the focus carriage in picture 3, it was very hard to make it stand out for the picture, but it's there. There are also 2-3 small nicks on the winding lever, shown in picture 3, and the tripod base has a bit of discoloration shown in picture 5. The lenses, the most important part of any camera, are pristine, clean and clear, I can't find any haze, no fungus, no scratches, and no cleaning marks, this is using the flashlight test. This camera has the Planar lens, which I prefer over the Xenotar lens, I find it has slightly smoother bokeh in my tests. The meter not only works, but it is accurate and very responsive, not slow like some. The meter needle cover lens, usually cracked or hazy on these cameras, is clean and clear with no issues. The shutter speeds are all accurate, not tested but I've got years of experience and they are accurate to my senses. Winder is smooth, focus is smooth and even throughout the range. The focus screen is clean and clear, it is a standard screen for this camera having both 1cm grid lines and the horizontal split image for focusing. The mirror inside is also clean and clear. The hood operates properly and the magnifying lens of the hood is clean and clear. This camera has the 12 or 24 exposure lever on the side for use with either 120 or 220 film. It also has a dial on the left side to adjust the meter mechanics to allow for filters being used. The self-timer on the front operates properly and is ~10 seconds in length. The shutter button strokes evenly and is a pleasure to use compared to lesser cameras, it is easy to handhold the camera for shutter speeds as low as 1/15th and even 1/8th second with this camera. This will come with the strap shown which is in excellent condition with scissor type connectors, also the plastic Rollei lens caps as shown, and the soft-release shutter button shown. Two labels inside the camera indicate that it has been well maintained in it's lifetime.

Price is $1990.00 shipped in the USA, paypal is extra.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolleiflex white face sale 001.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 002.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 003.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 004.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 018.JPG  

Last edited by nanthor; 11-18-2013 at 06:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This deserves a few more pictures, number 5 of this series shows the small ding a bit better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolleiflex white face sale 002.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 006.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 011.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 013.JPG   Rolleiflex white face sale 016.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Item withdrawn, crazy low price was a mistake. Thanks, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin