Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,689   Online: 728

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice.

Are you aware that Lomo is putting out a new Petzval-ish lens aimed at 35mm cameras? Their effort is all new-manufacture but it seems to me that their focal length is too long to get any good swirlies. Still, their kickstarter was very thoroughly funded which bodes well for the market size on new Petzval lenses.

I too shoot RZ so this is not an option for me. I do realise that making an RZ lens is a big technical undertaking (electronic shutter) though, so I don't expect you to change your offering to suit me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Nice.

Are you aware that Lomo is putting out a new Petzval-ish lens aimed at 35mm cameras? Their effort is all new-manufacture but it seems to me that their focal length is too long to get any good swirlies. Still, their kickstarter was very thoroughly funded which bodes well for the market size on new Petzval lenses.

I too shoot RZ so this is not an option for me. I do realise that making an RZ lens is a big technical undertaking (electronic shutter) though, so I don't expect you to change your offering to suit me.
    Yes, I know about the Lomography lens. I have also seen a rumors on RFF, that it is a Helios 40-2 85 mm lens in a brass shell. But that's just a guess, too much in common between those two lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Too bad, I can't use this kind of lens on my Hasselblad 500C/M.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by A9tm View Post
    Too bad, I can't use this kind of lens on my Hasselblad 500C/M.
    I'm working on making a Hasselblad 2000 series compatible Petzvar. It will be ready within a week.
    Last edited by Denys; 12-02-2013 at 01:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a great project! Thank you Denys - I've signed up for one already.
    I'm planning on using it on my "small" Pentax 645N (already found a Pentacon Six to Pentax 645 adapter) as well as on 35mm with all the adapters out there.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Denys View Post
    Yes, I know about the Lomography lens. I have also seen a rumors on RFF, that it is a Helios 40-2 85 mm lens in a brass shell. But that's just a guess, too much in common between those two lenses.
    With a Helios 40 58mm lens a swirling image is hard to obtain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the looks and function of Denys' idea better than the Lomo. Want that Petzval look in the images not a lens that looks like a Perzval.
    Need to sell a few things before I can grab one of these...
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    With a Helios 40 58mm lens a swirling image is hard to obtain.
    I'm talking about Helios 40-2 85 f/1.5 -old Soviet lens that KMZ started to produce again this summer. It is available new now at about 500$ with Nikon and Canon mounts as well as with its original M42. Here is the link and also try to Google for the images, taken with it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MC-Helio...item2c7218e300

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    I like the looks and function of Denys' idea better than the Lomo. Want that Petzval look in the images not a lens that looks like a Perzval.
    Need to sell a few things before I can grab one of these...
    Thank you very much! Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking when making my lens. It was much easier to use the old piece of brass mounted in camera adapter, but I've decided to make a real lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yurihuta View Post
    This is a great project! Thank you Denys - I've signed up for one already.
    I'm planning on using it on my "small" Pentax 645N (already found a Pentacon Six to Pentax 645 adapter) as well as on 35mm with all the adapters out there.
    Thank you, Yuri!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin