Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,615   Online: 1041

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Solved the Kickstarter issue. I'm in. Good luck on the project. Buying into a new system? Not really, just buying into about a $900 camera and lens. Much less than several I aleady own.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Solved the Kickstarter issue. I'm in. Good luck on the project. Buying into a new system? Not really, just buying into about a $900 camera and lens. Much less than several I aleady own.
    Thank you, Bill! Yes, when the price of the camera body is under a 200$ including the metering prism and a film magazine, I would not call it "Buying a new system". When Leica S2 cameras came to market, a friend of mine bought himself an adapter for using a Hasselblad lenses with it. He paid 365$ for adapter only.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you consider spending 200$ not as buying, you got too much money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    If you consider spending 200$ not as buying, you got too much money.
    Of course, that is not what I mean. I'm just comparing the price of the whole Kiev camera with the price of a lens adapter. Nothing more, nothing less. There are no such a versatile lens, compatible to every camera system, and in this case the price of adapter for your preferred camera system can be compared to a price of camera body.
    Last edited by Denys; 12-05-2013 at 01:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I’m too rather interested in a RB67 system.

For the RB system I could imagine a Petzval system similar to the Rodenstock Imagon system with a Zörk tube. The system simply uses the housing and shutter of a sekor 180 mm lens. (The 180 mm has only a front element which can be removed very easily) But I guess for focusing to infinity such a system would require a little longer focal length than 120 mm.

Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I understand not buying into another system for a single lens, but if you shoot smaller formats, it can be adapted to something you possibly already shoot.

I spent $50 on my Kiev 60. It's a little banged up, but I'd rather have that than a spacing issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    will this works on Pentax 67?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LFLee View Post
    will this works on Pentax 67?
    The Flange Focal distance of Pentax 67 is 84.95 mm, which is greater then 74.1 mm of P6 FFD. It will be very difficult, if possible at all, to make an adapter. No hyperfocal distance focusing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Denys View Post
    The Flange Focal distance of Pentax 67 is 84.95 mm, which is greater then 74.1 mm of P6 FFD. It will be very difficult, if possible at all, to make an adapter. No hyperfocal distance focusing.
    Thanks!
    Will it works, then with P67 to P645 adapter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LFLee View Post
    Thanks!
    Will it works, then with P67 to P645 adapter?
    Just following up my previous answer about compatibility with P67: I have never seen such an adapter, because in this case it takes to bring the lens mount deeper into the body. I have heard about the lens modification, but it all depends on the lens construction, because if its rear element part protruding deep enough, it will be in the way of reflex mirror.
    The Petzvar will work with Pentax 645, there are adapters available for using Pentacon six lenses with Pentax 645 cameras.
    Last edited by Denys; 12-05-2013 at 08:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin