Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,763   Online: 979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Busch Pressman D 4x5 Field Modified with 135mm Wollensak Raptar - Ready to Go!

I've taken a classic Busch Pressman D 4x5 and transformed it into a lean, mean, shootin' machine.

Completely cleaned, lubed, and adjusted all functions. Smooth as silk. Very good condition overall.

Removed all items not needed for ground glass focusing. Original ground glass included.

All leather was removed and replaced with leather-like material. Bellows is light tight - any pinholes sealed. New leather handle installed.

Shutter sounds great at all speeds (as far as I can tell without a shutter tester). Includes a hand made aluminum lens board.

Lens glass is very usable, with very slight internal haze.

Leather viewing hood included. Small separations at both corners of hood, does not affect function of hood.

Ready for use in under 10 seconds. Try that with a wooden folder!

Price is $300.00 including shipping to lower 48 states in the U.S. Additional (actual) shipping charges to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada apply.

Sales to CONUS and Canada only.

Satisfaction Guaranteed, or your money back. Return within 14 days of receipt for refund. No refund after 14 days from receipt plus shipping time. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of purchaser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1178email.jpg   DSC_1181email.jpg   DSC_1192email.jpg   DSC_1206email.jpg   DSC_1185email.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a REALLY nice looking camera, GLWS, Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, Bob for your kind comments. I took long hours and great pains to restore it. It was in fairly good shape to begin with, I just wanted a camera that was easy to tote around, without the superfluous external appendages. This camera would be ideal for the starting out LF'er, both from a cost standpoint and flexibility standpoint. The front standard has rise, shift, and tilt capabilities. It is much more adaptable than, say, a Crown Graphic (also a very nice camera in its own right). And, it looks good doing it. I am only selling it because I needed more flexibility in the rear standard. Have a good day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a beauty. My "D" is getting jealous!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To jspillane -

Thanks for the positive comment. Let's face it, the Pressman is as rugged as a tank, but with the rangefinder, view finder, and sports finder attached, it looks a bit overloaded. It's a beautiful thing as originally built as far as rangefinder use, and you can't beat that for use with a flash unit. Once you put the camera on a tripod however, the "field camera" configuration makes more sense. I don't think you are going to find a better camera out there with as many capabilities as this one has for the few dollars this unit is selling for. Have a good day.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Does this have a focal plane shutter, I am really confused about them. I am not sure what they are for and how to use them. I prefer simple shutter with lens, and ground glass that's it. Also, can you use other lenses with this camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Raffay,

I do not believe any of the Pressman D series had a focal plane shutter. Mine does not. I do not see a focal plane mechanism on this one either. It would be on the right side of the body, as viewed from behind the camera.

And, sadly, mine is not near as pretty as this one. This is a very nice camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Busch Pressman shutter and lens compatibility

Raffay,

The Busch Pressman does not have a focal plane shutter. In fact, the lens that is mounted on the camera is contained within the Rapax shutter, which is a leaf type, similar to a Copal or compur in basic principle. The lens/shutter combination is then mounted onto a lens board, which allows the lens/shutter assembly to be mounted onto the camera. There is one retaining screw at the top of the camera, which secures the lens to the camera.

If you wish to use additional lenses, simply mount the lens/shutter onto another lens board, and voila, you now have interchangeable lenses. Each shutter requires a particular hole size in the lens board, so the photographer must obtain the appropriate lens board for the shutter being used. The most common shutter sizes are Copal 00, Copal 0, Copal 1, and Copal 3.

This camera has a simple shutter with ground glass focusing, so it seems to conform to your requirements.

I hope this information was helpful to you. Have a good day.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Busch Pressman Streamlined for Ground Glass Focusing

Bump.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Price is now $275.00 including shipping to CONUS. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin