Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,472   Online: 1185

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad 503CX, 50mm f/4 CF, PME51 metered finder, Acute Matte D, A12 back, WLF

Another guest post by friend of account owner.

Up for sale is a complete Hasselblad 503CX kit. Everything
    is in working condition, especially the lens, but there are a few issues that I will describe below. This kit has all the stuff necessary to start shooting 6x6 medium format film besides the film itself.

Items: 503CX , A12 120 film back, dark slide, Acute Matte D 42217 focusing screen with split-screen and etched grid lines, rapid rewind knob, PME51 metered angled prism viewfinder, black waist level finder, Zeiss 50mm f/4 CF T* (recently serviced), B60 bayonet filter. Accessories: front and rear body cap, front and rear lens cap, focus knob, case for focus screen. Everything in the kit is genuine Hasselblad.

503CX: minor wear and tear on the edges, paint loss on the bottom tripod plate, leatherette in great shape. The issue with the camera body is the internal foam dampening material, which is called the palpas. If you search for 503cx palpas on Google, you will find that this material inevitably cracks from age. It's not going to chip and fall off or cause light leaks. The camera is still quieter than the 500C, and none of my exposures have light leak problems. Barn doors / rear shutter closes properly, film advance action is very, very smooth.

Film back: bread and butter 120 automatic film back. Paint loss on the black exterior trim and areas of contact. Matching insert (048). No mechanical issues to report.
    PME-51 angle finder and focus screen: These two items seem to go for around $400-500 together on eBay. The finder is light weight, portable, and provides center-weighted readings in the viewfinder. It is designed specifically for use with the Acute Matte D series screen. There are some marks on the exterior, and it's dusty near the objective lens. The dust doesn't appear in real world situations, and the bottom of the prism is clean. Meter readings match my Gossen and Nikon readings. The focus screen is a real gem; having both a split circle and grid makes this a very versatile tool. Some wear marks on the metal frame, ground glass is in good shape.

Carl Zeiss 50mm f/4 Distagon: Pretty darn wide (~24mm equivalent), doesn't fit my needs. Pro Camera Repair San Diego serviced this lens a little more than a month ago. Lens elements are very clean, shutter speeds are in spec. Cosmetic wear, exposure markings are still clear, distance markings are starting to fade. The issue with this lens is that the shutter trips when dismounting from this particular 503CX. The issue does not appear on my 500C, nor does it appear with other lenses on my 503CX. Flash sync works, all mechanicals are smooth.

Pictures : http://imgur.com/a/adIUq
    Pricing: I have no idea how this is going to work. I won't sell random bits here and there (such as just the A-M screen for example), but I'll consider any offers. For everything $1100 net, buyer pays fees and shipping, or we meet locally.
    I also have a big Mamiya RZ67 kit to sell and three Nikon 35mm bodies.
    Last edited by asamimasa; 12-07-2013 at 07:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update. I can throw in a left-hand flash grip (designed for 503CX and other cameras with the same tripod mount offset) and 55mm extension tube. $1075 shipped CONUS.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin