Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,654   Online: 849

Shooter
    Large Format

FS: 24/25" (and possibly longer) early A Ross Petzval lens

Here's a fairly early Andrew Ross Petzval, approx 24/25" (but possibly larger) f5, s/n 5896, which was sold by Sands Hunter, London including the lens hood, original flange and a full set of w/stops

Photos will be added to this listing later today. Some more details:-

1) the glass (for the age) is very good, a small scratch on the front element and a very minimal amount of clear separation on that element;

2) I haven't been able to remove the rear lens section because my hands aren't wide enough. I had a similar issue with another Ross Petzval recently and WD40 easily dealt with that. There's a small amount of what I am certain is dirt and dust between the two cells and which I'm confident will be removed when these are separated;

3) the brass has significant character, noticeably on the dull side and hasn't been restored;

4) there's a small ding in the flange, which can be 'knocked out';

5) including the lens hood, the total length is 11";

6) the width of the glass is approx 124mm, multiplied by 5, results in the focal length of 24/25", which is 'a back focus calculation';

7) in view of the weight, I haven't been able to fully mount it for coverage purposes but I did briefly put it in front of an 8 x 20 Korona a few months ago and I could see no signs of any vignetting; and

8) the photos do not show the stops, which I've currently mislaid but are definitely included in this sale

$6,995 plus shipping, and I'll swallow the paypal fees. This price is definitely negotiable, pm me please if interested

regards

andrew

Shooter
    Large Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	288.9 KB 
ID:	78210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	78211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	78212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	300.8 KB 
ID:	78213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	78214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-6.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	78215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-7.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	320.2 KB 
ID:	78216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-8.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	335.9 KB 
ID:	78217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RossPetzval-9.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	78218

Shooter
    Large Format
    SOLD

andrew

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin