Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,037   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Canon 35mm f1.5 LTM (Japanese Summilux) Leica Screw Mount

* The lens is in a good working condition.

The lens barrel is clean and well maintained, there are no dents.

The focus` ring movement is even.

The glass is clean and beautiful.

There are no scratches.

There is no haze.

There is no fungus.

The coatings are good.

There are 3 or 4 thin hair like marks on the coatings (very difficult to notice) but they don't affect pictures in any way.

There is no oil on aperture blades.

* The lens comes with both caps and a leather container.

Price 1000$

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I had no idea this lens existed. It's not even listed in the Canon Camera Museum website. The only Canon LTM 50mm f/1.5 lens I was previously aware of is the all-chrome version. How interesting that they made this version, too - I wonder if it is the same optical formula as the chrome version (7 elements in 3 groups) or if it more closely resembles the 50mm f/1.4 (6 elements in 4 groups)? I understand the former is a Sonnar design, while the latter is a Planar design, but don't quote me on that.

Shooter
    35mm
    The drawing of the lens is soonar like...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gorgeous lens. Good luck with the sale.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just so folks know. This is the 35mm f/1.5 not the 50mm f/1.5. The 35mm 1.5 lens is not a sonnar design, although I'm not sure just what design it may be. I've always termed the Canon 50/1.4 as the "Japanese Summilux" and I can say from experience that it is at least comparable to the summilux of its time. The Canon 50/1.5 is certainly a sonnar, and I can say from experience that its just as nice as the Zeiss of its time. I like it more than my J-3 mostly because of the handling and not necessarily the optical performance. But, the lens offered here is neither of those.

The 35/1.5 is rumored to be a nice lens, but not a super strong performer when opened up. I don't see the 35/1.5 up for sale too often, so someone must like them. The Canon 35/2 is a sought-after lens, and I can say it is nice -- Great contrast for its age and sharp even at f/2. If the 35/1.5 performs similarly, all the better because you have the option of more speed (although a tad soft) and then great performance stopped down.

BTW, this one sure looks nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI, It is listed on the Canon Camera Museum site: http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...5/s_35_15.html

The 35/1.5 is probably a double Gauss derivative, as this seems to have been the basis for most Canon LTM lenses. FWIW, the 35/1.8 is 7 elements in 4 groups and is definitely a double Gauss type; I can't find a block diagram for the 35/1.5, but it is listed as 8 elements in 4 groups.

Out of my price range, but GLWS.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For those who want to learn a bit more about this lens, check out the Canon sub-forum on RFF. There's an entire thread devoted to the lens (long one too) with a lot of pics.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Did I have a senior moment, see "35mm f/1.5" and read it as "50mm f/1.5"? If so, I think I need an appointment with a neurologist...sorry for the misdirection. Wow...

Shooter
    35mm
    Some pictures taken with the Canon 35/1.5 and leica m9

Shooter
    35mm
    bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin