Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,156   Online: 1071

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

8x10 Rochester Optical Empire State (Variation 2)

For sale, an 8x10 ROC Empire State (Variation 2) Wooden Field Camera. Its in rough shape but it is at least 110 years old. The bellows are on the dry side, and you can see the spots on the top where they're worn. There's a mis-fold at the back/top but if you remove the back you can get it to pop back into place. I wouldnt expect them to be light tight but didnt check. Some Tulip Fabric Paint should put them right enough to use. The biggest issues are with the body. You can see the spots on both sides on the main part of the bed where there's missing wood. Get past those and the front standard moves alright. Also, at some point in the past (judging from the repair, the very distant past), the front portion of the rear (ie the rigid part) sustained some significant damage (variation 2 did away with the external brass corners that were on the variation 1) such that all four joints were broken. They were repaired with brass corners internally, and some nails to the top joints (Not surewhat the value was of those). On the front standard, the top edge has some wear. The screw to hold the middle bed section to the rear one is missing. Im including an ugly lensboard which has a Packard like shutter (only rectangular) that's jammed and missing its tube/bulb.

Im looking for $175 net to me. I don't see shipping this internationally due to size/weight. Shipping will be either UPS Ground or USPS Priority - your nickel, your choice (for that matter, I suppose I'll ship any way you want as long as it goes insured)

I put a large number of poor photos on Flickr (not sure why I didnt take a 3/4 view). Anyway, they're all on Flickr via this link.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by Fotoguy20d; 12-15-2013 at 11:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A couple of photos here:

IMG_0034 by Fotoguy20d, on Flickr

IMG_0031 by Fotoguy20d, on Flickr

IMG_0032 by Fotoguy20d, on Flickr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Christmas Eve bump...

offers?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin