Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 826

Shooter
    35mm

Professionally Refurbished Polaroid SX-70 (new covering) and 1 Pack of Film *mint*

Me:

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker - short time member. I am a real person, and you can verify this by looking me up on flickr (/richardspicer).

The Camera:

Up for sale is a professionally restored SX-70 in BRAND new skins; which were imported from Japan. The camera belonged to a gentleman who passed away and was sold to me in the un-refurbished condition on eBay by his nephew. I was told he was the sole owner of the camera, and his name was written in pen on the back of the camera prior to my removal of it, to reskin it. Though, I do have the old piece of leather, if anyone wanted it.

I purchased the camera specifically to restore it and to sell it to someone else who would treasure it for years to come. The refurbishment was done by a professional technician with over 30 years of experience on these types of cameras and was recommended by Impossible.

EDITED TO ADD: The camera has split screen focusing. Serial number is: K309250971 made on October 24th 1973 during the B shift.

My asking price is $299 which includes shipping (domestic) and 1 pack of refrigerator stored film purchased 10/09/2013. This price is good through December 25th 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time, after which the price will increase to $350.00. I've sold 2 others on ebay for $399 just this week (with two packs of film), and photojojo is selling the same model of camera for $450 no film included (but with a sweet box).

If you don't need the film, I can remove it. The film is valued at 23.49 per pack.

I accept paypal, dwolla, and bitcoin and can have your camera out in the mail first thing 12/26/13. I will donate 3% of this sale to APUG. I have 4 more cameras on the way, so if you'd like to get onto the pre-order list, email me at richard.mikael@gmail.com. Please mention that you saw this on APUG and I'll donate 3% from every sale I get from here.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Dec 24, 5 47 23 PM.jpg   Photo Dec 24, 5 49 13 PM.jpg  
    Last edited by Richardspicer; 12-24-2013 at 10:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Notation about camera specs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. Merry Christmas.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm
    Was PM'd by a helpful member who asked that I clarify mint condition:

This camera is not new in the box nor does it come with the original packaging or the original instruction booklet (though I'd be happy to email a link to the .pdf manual). If this is your definition of mint, I apologize. This camera does have brand new genuine leather coverings and was restored to factory settings by a Polaroid tech. It appeared to function properly before I had it refurbished; and looked to be extremely well cared for.

I was told to use the KEH rating system. Based upon my inspection of it, I'd rate it as LN-.

Additionally the leather with the original owner's name on it is now gone.
    Last edited by Richardspicer; 01-04-2014 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin