Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,331   Online: 953

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Voigtlaender Braunschweig Heliar 18CM in 'Sunken Mount'

Guess I should have cleaned her up before I photographed with the brutal modern digi cam.

Well, brutal and modern unrealistic wirey contrast is what you will never get from a Heliar lens. And that's why we love them! Heliar's are the Bailey's Irish Cream of camera lenses! You just dip your tongue into the smoothness.

Oh, they can be crisp if they need to be, stopped down, but the lovely f4.5 bokeh is what they're famous for. 18CM is a great size for 4X5. 15cm covers, but is stingy with movements on 4X5, where 18cm has a generous reserve.

The Sunken mount version was probably for a folding camera, maybe even a graflex. It gives a nice smooth flat frontal appearance with all the business happening behind the lens board. The retainer is present. The 2 little knobs that stick up are for aperture control. One of them is decidedly non-original, but works fine. Glass is exc, and the original press-in cap, velvet lined, is present. $245 includes shipping in USA
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm

heliar

PM Sent at 9:15 AM
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank heavens. I was going to end up in a lot of trouble if I bought another lens.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!!

Thanks All.

Third thing in a row that has sold here at APUG. Glad the folks here are paying attention. Off to make a donation..........
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin