Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,790   Posts: 1,671,530   Online: 875

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Free for the cost of postage...tripod adapters...

Do you have a Soviet camera with a large tripod screw-hole? Is it irritating to you to have to duct-tape your camera onto the tripod when you want to take group pictures? Do you find the duct tape makes your subjects incapable of holding a serious pose? Would you like to solve that problem or at least have the ability to do so? Here's your chance, Pancho. In the same drawer as the OM 2x tele-converter were two thread adapters which will allow you to convert a large tripod screw hole to a more modern one. Now if you don't own such a camera, there are always alternative uses for products such as this. I think you knew there would be and I think you knew I'd tell you about one such possibility right now: Do you wear button-down collared shirts? Ever notice how boring the buttons on the collar tabs are? Blah. They haven't changed in hundreds of years, have they? Sew these on where those buttons are, and you'll be the envy of every Beau Brummel wannabe in town. Women will wink and smile when they see you in the checkout line and young children will duck into door openings when they see you coming and say to each other "Look, here comes Mr. Hodpecker. Have you ever seen his collar tab buttons? I hope I can find some like that when I grow up." And what will they cost you? Only the cost of postage. If you plan on using PayPal, you'll need to send sans fees, however. Probably best to mail me a check or cash. Please reply to me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com for a quicker reply.

Let's take a look, shall we?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tripod adapter.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll PM you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You're funny, why don't you post these to the "free" thread...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not just Soviet cameras, by the way---quite a few other European cameras have the 3/8" sockets, including some products of an obscure little company in Braunschweig. I've got enough of these little adapters, but they're useful things and it's quite a nice offer you're making.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Mamiya C330 also have the 3/8" socket including the standard 1/4" insert.

Shooter
    35mm
    These are gone, thanks. Sorry if I posted them in the wrong section.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    It's not just Soviet cameras, by the way---quite a few other European cameras have the 3/8" sockets, including some products of an obscure little company in Braunschweig. I've got enough of these little adapters, but they're useful things and it's quite a nice offer you're making.

-NT
    One in Muenchen, too.

These adapters and a couple 1/4-20 bolts could make interesting cuff links.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post

-NT
    My obscure little Contax RF from a little-known company called Zeiss-Ikon also uses the older, bigger-style tri-pod hole. It's an older P-serial, model.

But I already sought out and bought an adapter.

Jon, your ad is a pleasure to read, as always. Thanks for the chuckle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn! I need these for my FED2
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad you had a grin out of it. Take care and enjoy yourself...it's later than you think as Guy Lombardo once wrote.
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin