Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,558   Online: 1132

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are some differences between older and newer backs, but I don't think it matters much as to seals. I think it would be just on the length of a couple of them, if anything. I should check mine- there were three generations, as I recall- single lock, double lock, and later double lock. I think KEH calls them Early, Late, and Ei. There were also a couple of 35mm backs which are similar to regular ones, but have some extra strips of foam.

Some years back I sent you a variety of old ETR backs and inserts to check out. Did you not receive them? At any rate, when I have a chance I'll do some measuring and see if there is any difference and let you know.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW John, have you gotten up the nerve to go for a ride on Rio the horse again? I mean, after the episode with the two girls and getting rescued by the KMart guy and all...

Shooter
    35mm
    Rio and I are sort of...well I've been asked not to ride Rio again for a while. The other day we had a cold snap here. I mean a really cold snap for North Texas. All part of the Polar Vortex. The temperature was in the low 20s. I had been out to a specialty store where I buy tea and chocolates...the dark chocolate mixed with chili peppers and dried cherries, that is. There was this very pretty Peruvian lady in the store who spoke Spanish slowly with a breathy accent. Her eyes were sort of a mix between purple and gray. I asked her if she liked riding horseback and she replied "si, con mucho gusto, senor." Which is about the same as saying "you bet I do, big boy." She was younger than me, but I should have expected her answer. After all, I had used some extra Vitalis on my hair that morning and it always has a certain effect, you know. Anyhow we both got on Rio and started riding. Unbeknownst to me, my Peruvian lady wasn't used to the cold wind and to minimize the effect, apparently she had removed her jacket and put it on backwards. A few minutes into our ride, something spooked old Rio and we were both thrown off. Fortunately neither of us caught our feet in the saddle, but we did land pretty hard. I was really concerned for my friend since she seemed to be unconscious and seriously injured. I could tell she was still breathing, though so I used my medical training to help her. The assistant manager at the K-Mart had seen the whole thing and had called 911. The paramedics arrived, pronounced her dead and asked what had happened. I explained I wasn't sure. I had simply turned her head back around facing the proper direction and that's when things took a turn for the worse...

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A most unfortunate event-- but is Rio OK?

Shooter
    35mm
    Rio's fine but thanks for asking. You know, Rio's a lot like Paul Newman or Julie Andrews or Don Knotts or even a bag of Fritos. Stabilizing forces...just like triangles to architecture or jock straps. Time passes and they all stay about the same.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jon. Any RB67 Pro-S in your inventory or as close as a razor knife? I bought a body and haven't used it yet, but how much life can be left in that foam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin