Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,528   Online: 839

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Light Seal Kit clearance...Minolta Autocord and others...

This time of the year I must make adjustments and sadly the demand for some kits has declined to the point where they're hardly selling at all. This led to dropping Bronica kits last year along with some of the less popular rangefinders and a few SLRs (Mamiya 1000DTL, 500DTL and most other Mamiya SLR models, some Chinon models, etc). So with that out of the way, here are some specials (while they last). If you're in the USA I prefer mail-in payment (cash, check or money order). If you're in another country, I can provide an email address to which PayPal payment can be sent. You'll receive the kit along with printed instructions and the bamboo tool. If you contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com I will probably be able to reply faster. The list:

Minolta Autocord $5 per kit total. (9 kits to sell)

Canon T70 $5 per kit total. (4 kits to sell)

Minolta XK $6 per kit total. (3 kits to sell)

Canon AF35ML $5 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Kowa Super 66 Film Back $8 per kit total. (2 kits to sell)

Ricoh KR30SP $5 per kit total. (2 kits to sell)

Canon AV-1 $6 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Fujica AX3 $8 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Minolta AL-F $5 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Are other kits being discontinued also? Yes they will, but I'm not sure at this point which ones. Soon the Fuji 690 kits will go...selling very few of those now. Fujica ST605 kit is already gone, Lomo LC-A kit is questionable, Minolta CLE also in question, Ricoh 401TLS, XR-2, Sears/Ricoh models also in danger.

Once these are sold, they won't be kept on hand. This doesn't mean I can't still make a kit as templates, cutters, etc will not be destroyed. It means the kit will thereafter be treated as a special request (meaning more costly than normal).

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Note...the Kowa kits are spoken for. Thanks, Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jon, I'll take the Canon AF35ML and a Canon T70 kit. How would you like me to pay you? Ron J. (I've purchased a few kits from you in the past...sad that the film stuff is going down)

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ronald,
    Please send me your mailing address (email to jon_goodman@yahoo.com) and I'll give you mine in reply. If you can send me $10 in cash, check or money order, that will be fine. Yes, it is sad. I wish I could tell you the trend was reversing or slowing but from my vantage point it isn't.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will the Ricoh KR30SP kit fit my XR-7?

I ordered a kit from someone, forget the name but a basic kit, but was frankly mystified by the directions. I'd like to get the XR-7 going again. The seals are the only thing wrong with it and that little camera is actually quite a joy to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon, just sent my address...RJ

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Roger, the XR2 kit probably will come closer to fitting your XR-7, but I am not positive. This camera was the same as the Sears KS2, and honestly I don't have much data on it. The kit for the XR2 is still being made. It is still $10 delivered in the USA. Do you recall who you bought the kit from? I hope it wasn't the fellow on eBay who is selling a "kit" which contains a battery and a single strip of the wrong sort of foam. Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Ron,
    I'll mail today.
    Best regards,
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Hi Roger, the XR2 kit probably will come closer to fitting your XR-7, but I am not positive. This camera was the same as the Sears KS2, and honestly I don't have much data on it. The kit for the XR2 is still being made. It is still $10 delivered in the USA. Do you recall who you bought the kit from? I hope it wasn't the fellow on eBay who is selling a "kit" which contains a battery and a single strip of the wrong sort of foam. Jon
    I don't recall. I can try to dig up the kit. I don't really think there's anything wrong with the kit, I just think I'm mechanically challenged and didn't quite grok installing it! ;-)

I'd be willing to gamble ten bucks. I'll be in touch next week, pretty busy this weekend. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Just let me know, Roger. One way or another, we'll get your Ricoh back on..."the dark side."
    Jon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin