Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,587   Online: 817

Shooter
    35mm RF

Arco Colinar 135mm f/3.8 - Leica screw mount (M39)

I'm cleaning out the basement and am getting rid of everything I no longer use!

This 135mm Arco Colinar is in good condition and works very well. I disassembled and rebuilt this lens in 2005 and, despite the fact that it hasn't been used for many years, the focus action is smooth as butter. The f-stop adjustment is relatively smooth as well. This lens has been used on a Bessa R and performs well; focusing is RF-coupled. The barrel shows many marks and scuffs consistent with its age and use. Includes metal rear cap only.

The glass is in good condition. There are some very small cleaning marks on the rear element and some scratches on the inside front element from when it was disassembled - please note that the scratches are visible but greatly exaggerated by the lighting - I want to make sure that there are no suprises. There is also some slight discolouration on one of the front elements; this is visible in the picture with the arrows as two spots with slightly different darkness. As far as I can remember, the lens has always been this way and it does not show up in the pictures.

The front glass is dirty and needs a proper cleaning - I no longer have any lens cleaning supplies to do the job properly.

I'm asking $50 for this lens, plus $20 for shipping within Canada and the USA. Local pickup in Montreal, Canada can be arranged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01886.jpg   DSC01887.jpg   DSC01888.jpg   DSC01889.jpg   DSC01890.jpg  

DSC01892.jpg   DSC01894.jpg   DSC01895.jpg   DSC01896.jpg   DSC01898.jpg  

DSC01899.jpg   DSC01900.jpg   DSC01886_2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm opening up the floor - Make me an offer!
    I'd love to see this wonderful lens go to a new home and get some use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    BUMP - I've cleaned the front element and it's lovely. Make me an offer!

Please note that lens has been completely cleaned and rebuilt by yours truly - if you want all the gory details and sample pictures from before and after, please take a look here: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=5544

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BJ helped me clean my copy of this lens. (Thanks BJ) It is a sleeper. Sharp or sharper than the Leitz 135/4 from the same vintage. For the price, you can't go wrong. Every rangefinder afficiando needs a 135, you'll use it eventually. Nice to get a known sharp-y for little investment.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a really sharp Nikkor LTM version of this lens otherwise I'd grab it. Good luck with the sale.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin