Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,277   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

FS Leedal thermostatic temperture control unit

As I've been gathering equipment to build out my new darkroom, I have ended up with duplicates of some items. Today the build out reached a point where I decided that I will not use this unit. It was difficult to pass this one over but how many control units does one need?

This is the Leedal Thermostatic model, with a volume control dial on the cold supply line, a triangular central temperature control knob, a 5" temperature gauge, a shutoff valve, and an anti-siphon valve on the outflow. Classic '60s plumbing aesthetic.

I have not pressure tested this unit, so it may need some disassembly and some new sealant on the threads.

The worst feature is that the glass on the gauge is cracked. It won't affect functionality. There's also a bit of rust on the shut-off lever, I will see if I can clean that up tomorrow.

Theres a lot of brass in this unit so I expect that it may cost me $20 to ship. I haven't made time today to photograph it, but will if anyone is interested or I'm looking for something to do tomorrow.

$90 PayPal includes CONUS shipping. International shipping possible after I determine what it will cost to get it to you.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't have pay pal.... POMO?

Tell me more n post a few pix?

I'm interested.

Paul, NYC
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope that this suffices for tonight. There is a nipple on the warm supply side that I haven't taken off yet but will.
    The house temperature is 65 degrees F now, so I expect that it's calibrated pretty accurately. There is an adjustment screw on the back of the gauge that rotates the face.
    USPS Money Order would be fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leedal.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	80944

Note: I tried to hold it up at arms length to take a photo (why I don't know) and had to lay it on the floor because I couldn't hold it steady.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You've used this valve? Can you tell me the exact model so i can see if i can get parts and the manual for it from Lawyers?

Also can you tell me what tha c-c mount spread is?

Great, uspsmo is perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not used or pressure tested this unit.
    There are no markings that I can find anywhere indicating model. Sorry for that.
    The supply inlets are 5 1/8" on center, +- 1/32".
    Another detail that I just noticed, the inlets and volume controllers are separate castings, threaded into the central temperature control housing. This is a well crafted piece of brass. If it doesn't sell, maybe I will use it after all. That gauge is pretty easy for my eyes to read.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well i'm not worried about rebuilding or maintaining, it's more about avalability of parts.

If it works, maybe not accurately but with the usual maintenance problems typical for these old water tempering valves i'd concider it.

But as i said parts availability is most important and a deciding factor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some googling produced two possible numbers based upon description but not photos. Try 3629 or 3630.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    ... parts availability is most important and a deciding factor.
    Have a look at Leedal's website. It looks like they can provide parts:

http://www.leedal.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump. $80 shipped CONUS. Estimate for International.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $70 shipped in CONUS. Last price drop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin