Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,475   Posts: 1,597,572   Online: 1374

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: Canon EOS IX (+ Advantix film) APX

Ok so I have too many projects, one was this camera which I wanted to re-roll film to use as it's actually a great camera, full manual control etc. But I'm de-GASing and it has to go! I payed about $200 at the time but offering it $50 shipped.

Still works great, and comes with one roll of kodak 400 APX film to start you off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941032.663032.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	81083

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941089.814875.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	81084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941115.100694.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	81085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941132.387017.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	81086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941181.556386.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	81087

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Whoops, forgot the important part... Very clean inside.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390941319.717739.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	81089

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bump $45 shipped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In case it helps, as I understand it, standard Canon EF lenses will work with these.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    In case it helps, as I understand it, standard Canon EF lenses will work with these.
    Sorry, yes BOTH EF and EF-S lenses work on this camera, it was THE FIRST cropped frame EOS camera the digital cropped frame sensor was based on this APX size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Sorry, yes BOTH EF and EF-S lenses work on this camera, it was THE FIRST cropped frame EOS camera the digital cropped frame sensor was based on this APX size.
    Stone:

The EF-S lenses won't fit. The EOS IX preceded the EF-S mount by about 7 years. The EF-S lenses would cover the APS film, but you cannot attach the lenses to the camera.

It is the same situation with the digital 10D and some of the 1D series.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks, I could have sworn it did fit, as all that's different is the mirror size and that's what prevents the EF-S from fitting on normal EF bodies, so thought it would fit. I could have sworn I tried it once. Anyway when I get home Monday I'll confirm but I'm sure you're right as usual. Still a good camera looking for a tinkerer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thanks, I could have sworn it did fit, as all that's different is the mirror size and that's what prevents the EF-S from fitting on normal EF bodies, so thought it would fit. I could have sworn I tried it once. Anyway when I get home Monday I'll confirm but I'm sure you're right as usual. Still a good camera looking for a tinkerer
    Be careful - some EF-S lenses will make contact with a swinging mirror on a camera designed for EF lenses.

It shouldn't let you mount an unmodified EF-S lens.
    Matt

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To my understanding the EF-S lenses are built (due to the smaller mirror of the APS format) for a shorter sensor-mount distance than the full size EF-lenses. The Canon film-APS SLR though was still built to the longer distance to accept the given range of full-format EF-lenses.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To my understanding the EF-S lenses are built (due to the smaller mirror of the APS format) for a shorter sensor-mount distance than the full size EF-lenses. The Canon film-APS SLR though was still built to the longer distance to accept the given range of full-format EF-lenses.
    The sensor / film plane is in the same location relative to the mount location, it's just the mirror issue, though there may be other issues, I swear I've previously mounted EF-S lenses to it but I've owned it for 6 years so I can't recall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin