Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,525   Online: 839

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

4 Shutters 4 Prices. Some with usable glass! 90mm Ex.WA! 83mm Velo II

These will be price of shutter only for the most part. If you end up using the glass, it's a "value added extra!"

The Copal 0 has had it's aperture poked completely out of it. Shutter speeds are excellent. Pinhole camera?? Parts??? $65

Compur 0a? Front thread is the standard size 0. 29mm front, 27mm rear. Probably from some fine old folder. Speeds are purrrrrfect. Nice multi-blade old school round aperture. $45

Alphax with Wollensak Series IIIA f12.5 3½" (yes Virginia, that's 'merican for 90mm). Shutter works flawlessly at all of it's speeds. 10 25 50 100 200. Cable release alignment is fussy but that is the design nature of this shutter as well as it's black faced brother. The cable end bypasses the inner mech about half the time and gets stuck. PITA but it's old school cheap American stuff. What can I say! $65.00 Should mention; the glass in this is awful. It'll make nice pictures, but it's cloudy and even has some scratches.

Last and maybe least is the wee Velostigmat. Every caveat explained above applies to this little fellow also. Find a really FAT old Wolly cable release and make it happy. The 83mm velo was stock on the little tin can Ciro Flex cameras like Don Normark used for his book "Chavez Ravine; A Los Angeles Story 1949" $44.00

Mix and match, buy more than one, and ask for a discount! Shipping $6 each unless you buy multiples. No retainers or flanges included.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was once advised by Carol (Flutot) to simply file down the rounded tip of my modern cable release until it was flat. Ten careful seconds with a Dremel did the trick, and my release has never again missed the mark on any of my older shutters.

Don't know if that also might apply here, but you never know...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

—Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I was once advised by Carol (Flutot) to simply file down the rounded tip of my modern cable release until it was flat. Ten careful seconds with a Dremel did the trick, and my release has never again missed the mark on any of my older shutters.

Don't know if that also might apply here, but you never know...

Ken
    Thanks Ken! That's helpful, and appreciated. Dam sure couldn't hurt, could it?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Compur looks to be an early Deckel-Munchen, there are different variants of that shutter with different lens cell sizes but internally they are the same. Nifty little shutter I've got two of them, they accept cells that usually will cover up to 4x5 with some movements

It's an early model if it has the paper/cardboard/whatever material they used for the aperture blades that isn't metal
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent re: Copal 0
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just the wee 83mm is left. How 'bout $28 shipped in USA only?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin