Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,417   Online: 795

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

More from the PHSNE warehouse

Another oddity: It's a 16" process lens (no manufacturer's name) on a 5" extension tube with a square, 4" lensboard base. It also has a long shade that screws on to the front. I think it may have been set up this way to be used on a Speed Graphic (flat lens board variety) or an RB Graphic, but I can't say. The lens is big, heavy and F8, not f9, as most of the process lenses I've seen seem to be. The aperture is a bit stiff but works fine, the glass is good, but certainly not pristine. There are no significant marks, chips, scrapes, scratches, or separation, but it has a little haze and has been cleaned a lot. It should take fine pictures, but I have not actually tried it yet. There is no other flange (this one may be separable from the tube, don't know) and it is uncoated. My guess is that, sans tube, it will cover 11 x 14, but guesses are just that, guesses. As I said, I haven't tried it.

$115, shipped in US. More for you folks in other places, depending on postage. Paypal fine, no gift status necessary. Proceeds go to PHSNE, minus 3% for APUG. Satisfaction guaranteed. Don't like what you get? Ship it back and pay no more than the return shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whole thing.jpg   threeparts.jpg   front.jpg   with mount.jpg   with ruler.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, so how about $70 shipped?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't even know what a process lens is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a lens originally sold for copy cameras in the printing business. They were often ruinously expensive when new. They are great deals now since they are always in a barrel rather than a shutter and often quite large and heavy. This one has a FL of 16", so it's not likely that it was from a copy machine. Those (by many very good manufacturers) are most often in the 8" range. I would guess this is from the 1950's, but again, that's a W.A.G. If nobody buys it, I'll put it on a speed graphic and try it out as a portrait lens (with support, of course).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin