Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,982   Online: 1101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thanks APUGers for buying copies of MAKING KODAK FILM

My thanks to Sean and APUG members for being supportive of my 10-year project. I was able to document how film is made and distribute the information to those that are interested in the subject in 47 countries.

I have a few pending orders that I will fill then stop shipping on Friday, March 26, 2014.

I wish you all well in your quest to use analog photographic materials.

Best regards,

Robert L. Shanebrook

www.makingKODAKfilm.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a coincidence you should post about it. Your book was my evening reading (re-reading, actually) before turning out the light last night. Thanks for that!

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Great Book, been over a year since I ordered my copy.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak will never happen again. Your book gives us an insight into what it was like. Thanks to you and Ron, Fred, Martin and many others for taking the time to tell your stories.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm suprised Mecury couldn't handle a print on demand situation for you, unless the volume just isn't that big. I manage a similar digital printing department (Xerox iGen, 2 high speed Kodak B&W presses and a bindery). I've been thinking of ways to set up for my company to automate a print on demand situation for small volume publications.

Have you considered making a digital edition? I may have some resources now that I'm part of the RR Donnelley family now. I'm pretty sure we have a technology where a digital edition can be set up on a site, which can be distributed through email once a person pays. Or it could be up for free if you were inclined.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for writing it - what a fascinating view into a closed world. Well worth the money and a great read.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    I'm suprised Mecury couldn't handle a print on demand situation for you, unless the volume just isn't that big. I manage a similar digital printing department (Xerox iGen, 2 high speed Kodak B&W presses and a bindery). I've been thinking of ways to set up for my company to automate a print on demand situation for small volume publications.

Have you considered making a digital edition? I may have some resources now that I'm part of the RR Donnelley family now. I'm pretty sure we have a technology where a digital edition can be set up on a site, which can be distributed through email once a person pays. Or it could be up for free if you were inclined.
    I would definitely be interested in purchasing a digital version in PDF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for writing and publishing the book. It's amazing to learn how complex film is, and how such a product could be produced on an industrial scale to amazingly close tolerances, and yet be sold at affordable prices. And for so many years that wonderful product gave Kodak and its shareholders a healthy profit.

Lo, how the mighty have fallen....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, thanks for writing it.
    It's one of the treasures in my book collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin