Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,326   Online: 1034

Shooter
    Multi Format

Vintage Tri-X for sale....

I don't even know why I have these...

These are cartridge type film where 16 sheets come in a cartridge. You pull the tabs and next exposure is ready for shooting. On its back, it says "For all film pack adapters and cameras using 523 film packs".

This film is slightly expired.... Sept 1979.

...and it has STRONG smell of cigarets! (ew) I remember it came to me this way.

You get two packs. One factory sealed and everything intact. Another in a light proof bag and I took it apart. I think it's missing a few exposures.

I got this from someone in APUG. I have no idea how it was stored or if it will even work.
    I'm pretty sure you can't get these developed at Walmart.

Absolutely no guarantees except to say you get one sealed pack and one I took it part.

$10 SHIPPED, please.
    PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trix1.jpg   trix2.jpg  
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Vintage Tri-X for sale....

These are for GRAFLEX easy load backs that hold these similar to a Polaroid back.

The backs are cheap $10-$30 and there are a ton of them available, the film is nearly 4x5 but slightly different sized for some reason, and very thin, more like roll film in thickness.

I've shot a few expired like this, I suggest using HC-110(B) or Ilfsol 3.

$10 shipped is a very good price for them.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i had a bunch of these once and shot a couple -- it was fun, the film was about this old and had a base fog that wasn't too much of a problem because it acts as a neutral density filter in the darkroom...

Biggest problem was handling the film in the darkroom -- it's 4 by 5 but thinner film because pulling the tab pulls the exposed sheet around a pretty tight corner inside the holder so it's in back and the fresh sheet is in front. Each sheet of film also has a paper backing. When you take the thing apart to get the film out you end up with a whole mess of paper laying around on the floor, scraps of random metal from the holder itself, and a lot of fiddling to get the film into whatever tank/holders you are using because the film is pretty floppy.

So it was fun, and you should definitely give it a shot, if only to appreciate what press photographer had to deal with in the 40s and 50s when these were in common use. They did speed up shooting pictures, which was a key goal for press photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Price cut to $9.98

Shooter
    Multi Format
    closed for lack of interest

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin