Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,384   Online: 868

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

5" f2.4 Petzval! Crazy Swirlies! Uber Fast!

SOLD!!

Thanks Everyone! I'll make a donation.

There are pictures made with this lens Here. and an interesting discussion about it HERE.

Personality and Signature are 2 words that get thrown around a lot these days. This lens has both
    in spades, and then some. Unique is a word that comes to mind.

But honestly, at f2.4 and sans aperture and shutter, you'd better have some kind of a curtain shutter that can tame it. You'll need 1/4000th of a second in direct sunlight with asa 125 film. Ouch. I used ASA 25 film and a Speed Graphic at about 1/800th second for the shots you see on the page I sent you to.

It's big and ugly and not really worth much. But the right person can have a ton of creative fun with this lens. I just scratched the surface! Think what you could do with gorgeous spring colors and a Better Light digital back with this lens!! Look at some of Jim Collum's creative work done with similar lenses.

First $115 bucks gets it. It'll take $11 more to ship it.
    Last edited by jimgalli; 04-13-2014 at 08:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin