Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,185   Online: 1028

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Basic LTM outfit - Bessa-R, 75/2.5 Color-Heliar, 50/2 Nikkor-H

I'm settling on my Contax system for my limited 35mm needs, so some of my LTM items need to find a home where they'll get used. This trio is a very functional core outfit in LTM; it served as my main travel kit for several years with never a problem, acquiring mojo from three continents.

I'd prefer to sell the kit together; US$750 for the whole set, shipped in the US.

Bessa-R: Definitely a user-condition body, with significant wear showing at the corners (the worst corner is shown in the pictures), but as far as I can tell it's functionally perfect. The rangefinder has a very slight misalignment in the vertical direction only (pictured below; the circled area shows the offset between the two images of a single knob), which has never bothered me in use so I've never done anything about it.

75mm f/2.5 Color-Heliar: This is a seriously nice portrait lens, particularly good at taming contrasty light in my experience. Here we have the silver version, with its original hood and caps, and pretty much pristine with the exception of some slight wear on the mounting end. It's been discontinued in favor of the M-mount version and you don't see too many of them on the used market; there's a reason for that: they're good.

50mm f/2 Nikkor-H (a.k.a. "Nikkor-HC", but this is after they stopped using the "C" since all their lenses were coated): This lens is Nikon's version of the 6-element Sonnar design, dead sharp and contrasty, and with the interesting ability to close-focus down to 16 inches (it loses rangefinder coupling below, I think, 1 meter, with an obvious detent in the focusing). It's hard to beat as a general-purpose normal lens without paying Leitz prices; I usually describe it as "neutral", a lens that does its job without drama and stays out of the way. A little bit of oil is visible on the aperture blades (pictured below); it's been there as long as I've owned the lens and doesn't seem to have migrated or caused any other issues.

-NT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	86361 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bessa-corner.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	86362 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bessa-rf-alignment.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	86363 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75mm-front.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	86364 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75mm-rear.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	86365 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50mm-front.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	86366 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50mm-rear.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	86367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50mm-blades.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	86368
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice setup - I've got the R and the 75. This should be a good runaround kit for someone.
    Flickr | Mamiya 645 Pro TL, Hasselblad 500CM, Voigtländer Perkeo II, Century Graphic, Canon 1v and F-1, Ricoh GR1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump for the holiday weekend. I'm willing to consider selling the pieces separately...

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikkor lens is sold pending payment.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikkor 50/2 is sold. Asking US$400 for the a 75mm, $200 for the body.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still available: price drop to $350 for the 75/2.5, $200 for the Bessa-R body.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin