Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,531   Posts: 1,543,980   Online: 1064

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Special Soft Focus 8¼" Wollensak Velostigmat in Perfect Working Optimo Shutter

This lovely antique lens has obviously been lost in a time warp some place. Maybe some dead photographers desk drawer for a couple of generations. When you see the pictures this lens will make for you, you'll sell your Heliar and keep this!

It shows little use. Ever. But don't let that fool you. When I came in possession, I modified it by moving the front glass forward .065 inch increasing the separation between the 2 elements in the front group.

That effectively accomplishes the same effect as the "fuzz-u-later" (love that word Mark Sawyer, thanks!) ring does on the larger Velo's making this one able to produce the loveliest of soft - ish pictures on smaller formats like 4X5. Check out this page here to get a feel. Here's another page done with a similar one, but 7 1/2" version, same mod.

You'll need to be careful with this since the front glass now protrudes beyond the barrel slightly. With it's pretty original leather cap on, you won't have anything to worry about. The shutter has speeds all the way to 1/300th sec. So you can use this confidently in daylight wide open!

I've had a lot of fun with this and it has produced many excellent shots for me. Didn't really want to sell it, but spent a bunch of money I didn't really have last week, so here goes . . . $325
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!

Thanks All.

Last edited by jimgalli; 05-09-2014 at 07:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin