Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,720   Online: 1249

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Voigtlaender Collinear unmarked in Betax 4 Convertible 8" and 15"

What we have here is a Voigtlaender Collinear Series II lens that was put in a Betax 4 shutter some time in it's life and has lost all of it's markings.

It matches up well with the old Voigtlaender catalogs as a Series II f5.6 lens. The Collinear is like a Dagor, 3 cemented elements but not identical.

The elements when you take them out have some clues like serial no's written in pencil etc. but no brand names. Each one has II.4 stamped lightly in which I take to mean Series II No. 4?? 38mm dia. glass, symmetrical, and 8" focus match the old catalog specs. A single group will give you a usable 15" lens.

Note that the Betax is missing it's trip lever, and while it runs perfectly, you'll need to use a cable release for all actuations. This will cover 8X10. A very nice old lens. $165
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sent a PM about this, for a 5x7 project. I'm always willing to experiment =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!

Thanks All.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin