Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,088   Online: 1077

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Enlargers in Tulsa . . .

5x4, 4x5, Half-Plate, 5x7, 8x10, 6x9cm, 6x7cm, 6x6cm, 6X4.5cm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DannL,

I don't know how you posted these, but when I follow your links, I can't get back here. That enlarger looks like a screaming deal.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    DannL,

I don't know how you posted these, but when I follow your links, I can't get back here. That enlarger looks like a screaming deal.
    I don't know about the link issue. It must be a browser thing. I would love to see the enlargers there in Tulsa, but I already have two. The one ad says they have eight Durst 501's. I hope they don't end up in a landfill.
    Last edited by DannL.; 06-14-2014 at 01:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Durst 501

Dann: what is your experience with the 501's? I am thinking the color heads, as I prefer dichroic vs. under-the-end filters. Your insight & advice would be appreciated. I am not far from where these enlargers are and am thinking about going over take a look. My experience is with Omega equipment and have never used Durst.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Durst are very fine machines. My only caution would be to ensure that you get one with all the parts you'll need - lens boards, negative carriers, etc. - as parts and accessories for Durst are harder to find and more expensive here in the USA. Not impossible, just harder. Beselers are much more readily available. Only my opinion, but I own both Omega and Beseler, and consider Beseler an "upgrade".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRosa View Post
    Dann: what is your experience with the 501's? I am thinking the color heads, as I prefer dichroic vs. under-the-end filters. Your insight & advice would be appreciated. I am not far from where these enlargers are and am thinking about going over take a look. My experience is with Omega equipment and have never used Durst.
    Oh, when I said I have two, I meant I already had two enlargers, but not Durst. I had a smaller Durst for 35mm-6x6cm several years ago and considered it to be "very well made." But other than that I haven't seen another Durst enlarger in person. David is right though. When gathering up an enlarger from these sales, look around to see if other associated parts might be nearby. Include those parts in your lot. "Leave no stone unturned", as it were.

http://www.galerie-photo.com/manuels/durst-l1200-manual.pdf

There's a manual I found that describes similar Durst enlargers and shows how the might appear when complete.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Beseler, Durts

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Durst are very fine machines. My only caution would be to ensure that you get one with all the parts you'll need - lens boards, negative carriers, etc. - as parts and accessories for Durst are harder to find and more expensive here in the USA. Not impossible, just harder. Beselers are much more readily available. Only my opinion, but I own both Omega and Beseler, and consider Beseler an "upgrade".
    Thank you David. I think they also have Beseler equipment (not sure).

If The Durst comes with all the parts, would you say I would be buying quality stuff if I go Durst?

I have a couple of small Omegas and would not rate them as super-high quality. My Omega F (10x10) mounted on a Fotar chassis has been a workhorse for many, many years.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Dan. I am going to print the Durst manual and bring with me. I appreciate sharing your insight as I appreciate the info on the enlarger.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best of luck in your adventure. If I lived closer, ie; if the sale was in OKC for example, I'ld probably have a garage full of Durst enlargers by now. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Durst seem to be much more a precision tool then either Beseler or Omega. Far
    less slop in the way things fit together.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin