Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 864

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Leica R 90 2.8 Elmarit Lens in Nikon mount For Sale $390

This is a Leica R 90 2.8 Elmarit lens, and it's hands down my favorite lens. I put a Nikon mount on it, and the original Leica 3 cam mount and cams are included. It has some issues, hence the low price, but it takes wonderful photos. First, the bad news: The little red dot is missing. More serious is the rear element, which had been cleaned of fungus by someone before I owned it, and it has a lot of marks from that. Looks like someone blasted it w/ salt. It's almost impossible to photograph though. They also left out a spacer, and it wouldn't focus to infinity, but I fixed that w/ a washer from Ace Hardware of all places. Took about 50 of them to find the right thickness, but the focus is fine now. This is a later model, made in Germany, and you would be hard pressed to find a good one for under $700. They are prone to fungus and haze too, so you won't have that to worry about that on this one.

Next, the good news, and it is very good. All the rest of the glass is beautiful, w/ no haze, fungus or scratches. Focus is butter smooth, aperture blades are clean and oil free, etc. If it weren't for that rear element issue I would call the lens Exc. Comes w/ Leica front and rear caps, no rear cap for the Nikon mount on it, and the original Leica 3 cam mount and cams are included. Photos from it are stunning, and for the life of me I can't see any image degradation from that rear element, even wide open. Who knew? US sale only, and please have a confirmed Paypal address. If I did not describe something accurately I will take a return, otherwise, since I'm taking a photographic hiatus and going back to painting and etching, it's yours. $390 plus $14 insured priority mail shipping.

Here is a link to some shots from it.

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/st...2090%20Elmarit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3963.JPG   DSCF3977.JPG   DSCF3978.JPG   DSCF3969.JPG  
    Last edited by momus; 06-15-2014 at 03:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bump

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    bump. I added some better shots from the lens on the ad's link above. I'm surprised no one has bought this, as it's one of the best lenses I've owned.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If it's almost impossible to photograph through why are you surprised no one has bought it? Is it damage to the rear element or is it something that a proper cleaning could put right?
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry View Post
    If it's almost impossible to photograph through why are you surprised no one has bought it? Is it damage to the rear element or is it something that a proper cleaning could put right?
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    ... First, the bad news: The little red dot is missing. More serious is the rear element, which had been cleaned of fungus by someone before I owned it, and it has a lot of marks from that. Looks like someone blasted it w/ salt. It's almost impossible to photograph though.
    It looks to me like he's saying the marks are almost impossible to photograph, not that it's impossible to photograph through the lens. I'm sure OP will clarify though
    Brett William - Flickr

Minolta Autocord
    Zeiss Ikon ZM
    Pentax 67ii

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think his example images show that the lens can be photographed thru...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder, would this lens perform much differently than my 90/2.8 Elmarit for my M Leica cameras?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one of these for my SL2, brilliant thing, especially in close.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Right, my little digital camera just can't get a good photo of the rear element. However, there appears to be no image degradation from the marks, as the link to my sample photos show. I have taken hundreds and hundreds of shots w/ this lens, no issues at all w/ IQ. I actually did once have a couple of good photos of the rear element that were posted here, but when I went to look at the archives, apparently those older postings had been simplified, and the photos removed to save server space or something. Anyway, they're not there anymore on the old thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bump.

Reduced to $360, shipped. Folks, this is a GREAT lens. Don't be put off by the rear element issue, it has consistently given me the best images of my life, and the price, which includes the Nikon mount and the Leica R mount, is too good for this lens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin