Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,491   Posts: 1,644,868   Online: 1143

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

FS: Voigtlander Superb TLR

This is a very well built Voigtlander Superb, w/ a 75 3.5 Skopar lens. I would rate the cosmetics as good. Everything appears to be working fine. The focus is a little over damped but nice and smooth, shutter fires smartly on all speeds and works well on the B and T settings, and the glass is clean. The only issues I can find are that the mirror is not the best (but still perfectly useable) and when you open the top hood you have to tap on the sides to get them to spring up. There's nothing wrong w/ them, and they pop up smartly and stay up as they should. Probably just need cleaning, as does the whole camera.

I have not shot any film in this, so it is sold AS IS, but I don't see anything that would indicate any issues. As a bonus, I am including a nice little Super Ricohflex TLR. The lens focus was frozen and the shutter wasn't working when I bought it. I cleaned the helicoils and freed up the focus, which was easy enough. But when I put the camera on a tripod w/ a ground glass on the film rails to set infinity focus, it occurred to me that the shutter isn't working. Duh. So much for that. I am not sure what is wrong w/ the shutter, but that's the one part of a camera I'm not good at fixing, so I left it alone. It's a pretty little TLR, and if someone can get the shutter going they'll have a nice little shooter.

$250 plus shipping (figure on $18 for priority mail w/ insurance). US sale only, and please have a confirmed Paypal address.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4178.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	625.1 KB 
ID:	92327

Name:	DSCF4165.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	785.2 KB 
ID:	92328

Name:	DSCF4166.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	814.6 KB 
ID:	92329

Name:	DSCF4172.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	626.0 KB 
ID:	92330

Name:	DSCF4171.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	92334

Name:	DSCF4185.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	663.4 KB 
ID:	92335

Name:	DSCF4165.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	785.2 KB 
ID:	92328

Name:	DSCF4169.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	680.2 KB 
ID:	92336

Name:	DSCF4187.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	651.5 KB 
ID:	92337
    Last edited by momus; 08-04-2014 at 06:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had a Superb with Heliar several years ago--very interesting camera. It's parallax corrected and has a frame counter with a feeler wheel to meter film travel, so it works perfectly with modern films. A first rate TLR designed to compete with the Rolleiflex of its day.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're right David, the camera is a marvel of engineering. The Ricohflex is on the opposite end of the scale: the everyman's TLR (that still takes excellent photos)

SOLD.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin