Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,088   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Toyo metal field camera 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 with 4x5 back, new bellows

I'm selling another Toyo Sakai 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 metal field camera. I bought this one with a bad bellows and installed a new one from Japan, this was about six months ago. The bellows fabric is more of a woven fabric instead of vinyl, it looks and feels really nice. Everything is light tight and it gives you quite a bit of bellows draw while also collapsing down very tight for wide angles.

The camera is in good user condition overall with good paint and no significant cosmetic issues. I cleaned it up and adjusted all the movements when I bought it. All the knobs are present, everything operates correctly and locks down tight. I put a new seal on the camera back as the original one was leaking light and now it's solid.

It comes with a Toyo 4x5 rotating back with viewing hood and fresnel. Other backs are available: I used to own the original Toyo half and whole plate backs. The 5x7 back is extremely rare but adapted backs can be found on eBay. I've put a nylon strap on to replace the remnants of the original one. No lens board is included: the correct speed graphic boards are very easy to find new or used.

There are a couple of concerns with this camera:
    1. The ground glass is cracked as shown. It hit something else when I was packing a bag. It never bothered me so I never bothered replacing it.
    2. The latch to keep the camera closed isn't working well. I just tighten down the side knobs to keep it shut.

Also please note the tripod plate is not included.

Priced to sell at $300 USD plus shipping. I expect it will be about $30 in Canada or the US, international can inquire but be warned I live in the far north and international shipping is pricey.

Also if you want the Polaroid 405 back I have for sale separately I'll make you a deal.

I accept Paypal or Canadians can pay in CAD if you use Interac e-mail transfer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1100694.jpg   P1100695.jpg   P1100696.jpg   P1100697.jpg   P1100698.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    More pictures. I may also be interested in trades for large format lenses or....? If you have something try me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1100699.jpg   P1100700.jpg   P1100701.jpg   P1100702.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a very pretty camera and looks to have tons of movement. Folds up to a very small package too. If I didn't have too many cameras already, I'd be all over this. A new ground glass is very inexpensive. GLWS, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Send a PM to hoffy, I think he's looking for something like this. I just emailed him this post too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Ployglot, but I already have a field camera....

If only this one was up a month or so earlier, I'd be all over it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sale pending

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin