Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,113   Posts: 1,636,750   Online: 1221

Shooter
    Multi Format

FOLDER MADNESS! GET YOUR FEET WET FOR CHEAP! OR FIX UP A RARITY! OR SOMETHING ELSE!

Hey All,

In my last ad, I allowed as how I don't like the square 6x6 format. So that means these have to go too! US buyers only! From cheap to not so cheap! All take pictures well except as noted.

1) HAPO 66E. Hans Porst takes a Balda and slaps his name on it. The Good: Coated Enna Haponar 75mm f/4,5 lens, takes great pictures, sharp and good color rendition. Mechanical film advance works fine, no need for the red window (see later). Very basic camera,4 shutter speeds plus B and they all work. THe Bad: Mechanical film advance is fiddly to load, but Matt Denton's site will get you going. Only 4 shutter speeds. The Ugly: Uncoupled rangefinder not currently working, frozen-- real men (and women) scale focus anyway. The red window shutter is rusted open. Since you've got the mechanical advance, just put some tape over it after the first pic. Some other rusty bits, camera is hardly pristine. But it takes great pics and IS ONLY 25 DAMN US DOLLARS plus shipping. Twenty-five clams for a pocketable folder with a huge image? Mama mia!

2) Tower 6x6. Made for Sears by Franka, in the good ol' Germany, US Zone. THE GOOD: this Cold War relic has a fast Schneider Radionar 80mm f/2.9 coated lens. I can testify to its excellent bokeh and terrific color rendition, and it is one of the faster MF optics foisted on the general public. THE BAD: Uncoupled rangefinder does not work, and seems to be missing a window. It moves, so it can probably be fixed. I just used my scale-focus kung fu. THE UGLY: none that I can see, except that damn square format. Take it away for 50 US dollars plus shipping and see how you like it.

3) Very RARE TAKANE MINESIX PROJECT. THE GOOD: Much info here (link possibly NSFW):http://arukucamera.net/TakaneSuper66.html. My test roll showed that the hype was justified-- just amazing images, and the finder is terrific. LENS AND SHUTTER IN EXCELLENT SHAPE. THE BAD: This example has problems though. Bellows has a light leak somewhere, and my local camera repair guy said he didn't have a replacement. One could certainly be made or gotten. Rangefinder needs adjustment. THE UGLY: Bigger than I like my 6x4.5 folders. I bought it represented as a flawlessly working camera for a lot of money, and I am sick of having it around. Don't get taken like I did by someone trying to weasel around the problems, fix the issues and enjoy. The last one on the 'bay went for 275.00, you get this for 150.00 plus shipping.

Open to offers, of course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6x6fold_front.jpg   6x6folders_rear.jpg   6x6folders_top.jpg  
    Last edited by nosmok; 01-27-2015 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Tower is pending...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And the Tower is back on the market! But the Takane is pending! No reasonable offers refused on the Tower or the Hapo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Takane is sold!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin