Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,971   Posts: 1,632,738   Online: 761

Thread: FS: Majestic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Majestic

My partner bought me a new tripod and pan head for my birthday, so I'm not going to use this.
    Majestic geared tilt head, older model with 6"x 7" platform. 1/4" screw camera mount, 11/2" post mount to tripod( has a sleeve in for 13/8"), can be adapted to 3/8-16 with a plug adapter (I never got around to making one). Tilts full 90 deg forward and approx. 45 deg back, approx 15 deg side to side.
    It's big and heavy, will support any ULF camera you want to put on it(I have an 11x14 Century Field camera). Operates smoothly, no slop or end play.

$125usd plus shipping. USPS money orders or Paypal accepted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   003.jpg   001.jpg   004.jpg  
    Last edited by Rick A; 04-22-2015 at 02:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have ones of these, they're almost indestructible

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have one. Just finished adapting it to a Zone VI Heavy Duty tripod for my Calumet C1 8x10.

If you want to adapt the unit to a 3/8-inch standard mount tripod and don't wish to fabricate the mounting post yourself, the following item is still available. This is the one I used:

Majestic 3/8" post adapter

Also note that the large 6"x7" platforms have been discontinued (others are still available). So this looks like a nice opportunity to grab one if you think you might need it.

If you've never seen one of these gearheads in person you will be amazed at just how strong and solid it is.

Good luck with the sale, Rick.

Ken
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the extra info Ken. I was going to run down to the high school and have an adapter made, the kids in metal shop need practice jobs.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    (others are still available)
    That reminds me, been wanting to get a platform for the SLR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold!
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin