Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,501   Online: 857

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

70mm aerial camera

I have a 70mm aerial camera available for sale. The body was made by Chicago Aerial Industries Inc. and the 6 inch f2.8 lens by Curtis Laboratories Inc. I've owned it for about 15 years (long story) and have never done more than dry-fire it, but everything seems to function properly. It comes in a very sturdy metal case, with 3 filters (red, yellow, UV) and two light-proof metal film cannisters. The camera must be loaded and unloaded in the dark, and the lens is permanently focused on infinity. I'm attaching a couple of pictures, but have more I can send if anyone is interested. I have no idea of what it might be worth and am open to offers. If I don't get any bites here I may put it on ebay, so if anyone has any idea what the value of it might be I'd me interested in knowing.
    3 per cent to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks fun....I wants it!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    High coolness factor!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's actually nicer looking than the first photo shows. I suspect it's from the late fifties, early sixties.

Shooter
    35mm
    Very sweet; too bad I work at the other end of the focus ring most of the time!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    any idea what film it would use? How do the canisters take film - on rolls, if so does it have a take up spool like 6x6?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It takes 70mm film. I assume it's loaded from a bulk roll. It has two spools in it, and is loaded with film from when I got the camera. The cannisters are not part of the camera, just containers to hold used or unused film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello John,
    My name is Andy McGraw, I reside here in the neighbouring Province of Alberta Canada in Calgary. Question, have you sold the 70 MM Aerial Camera Manufactured by Chicago Aerial Industries? I'm interested, if so please advise. I look forward to your reply my friend, thanks.

Cheers,
    Andy McGraw
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada
    e-mail: aerojet57@hotmail.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin