Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,521   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 768

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, seems to me that if your friend with the Wista had just married the gal with the Wisner, both cameras would still be in stable, loving homes. She wouldn't want to lose the 4x5 and he could have carried all the load. I think you probably could have done more to facilitate this. It's all your fault.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Totally two different folks selling their cameras. I'm the common connection, yes. I have another friend who wants to get into 8x10 and I think I'll let him borrow mine for awhile and see what he is getting into. :-) Its an education for some of these people what large format entails compared to say a digital.
    They see what I and some other photographers can do and say, "I can do that!" They buy the gear then see they can't. I've done this myself with fixing a car or two on my own. I say "I can rebuild that engine and make it better! And cheaper too!" Then have it towed away to my local garage.
    Its all human nature. :-)
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did write that totally tongue in cheek.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin