Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,993   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leica iiia

Images

Leica iiia

This Leica iiia is in excellent working order. All speeds sound good and have given me excellent exposures. Curtains are great looking and are surely relatively recent replacements. Cover is brown, and in fine condition. Rangefinder is properly aligned and with good contrast. Viewfinder looks very good. This camera is ready to shoot.

Wear from use over the years (70+), including a horizontal scratch below the Leica engraving on the top plate, and scratches and wear on the bottom plate. Please contact me (PM is good) if you're interested or have questions about the camera.

$225 plus shipping in the US.USD
    Price : 225.00

Shooter
    Multi Format
    She's a purty little thang!!! Wish I had the bux

Shooter
    Large Format
    what is the serial number?

Images
    serial # 230XXX

Images
    Price updated—$175 plus shipping in US.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Did you say the cover is brown?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ray*j*gun View Post
    Did you say the cover is brown?
    If the black has faded worn, then the leather does look a brown/black. The curtains on my IIIa which was probably more heavily used and worn are original and still look perfect.

Ian

The simple way to check a IIIa shutter is to set it to 1/8 sec. If it fires at 1/20 it needs an adjustment
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    The simple way to check a IIIa shutter is to set it to 1/8 sec. If it fires at 1/20 it needs an adjustment
    Mark
    jcmd, did you try to test the shutter as Mark suggests?

Images
    Sorry for the delayed response to questions. I am not receiving notices that this thread has been replied to.

The cover is a brown black, or soft black, when compared to something like a cold black of a Canon F-1. The covering is nice and soft feeling and in great shape. My guess is that it has been replaced at some time.

The shutter has given me great results. Firing is distinctly different between 1/20 and 1/8.

I will check back to this thread, but if you want an answer more quickly please PM me. In the meantime, I will try to figure how to receive notices about questions on this thread.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin