Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,159   Online: 779

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Fisheye Lens for Bayonet-1 TLR

This is a Kenko fisheye lens for Bayonet-1 TLR's. A very uncommon and novel item! It may be adaptable to other lenses with appropriate adapters (I'm not the expert on these). Very good condition with case and front metal cap.

Price: $100 plus insured shipping.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Just out of interest, is there only one attachment or are there separate optics for the taking and viewing lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    One attachment. You can of course affix it to the viewing lens first to frame and visualize the shot, and then the taking lens to shoot. Naturally with the wide view of a fisheye framing is not terribly critical.

Shooter
    35mm
    Now $75 plus shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting item. Can you post a picture that was taken with this? Is it full frame? Or does it produce a circular image? Why is there an aperture scale on it?
    Does it bayonet on the 'inside' like a filter, or on the 'outside' like a lenshood?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure this for a TLR or maybe its for Cine? What focal length?

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    I can confirm it is for Bayonet 1 TLR - I fitted it to a Rollei. It mates to the inner fitting of Bay-1. It says 180-degree fisheye on it so from that one can calculate the effective focal length. One dial on the lens sets the focal length of the lens it is used on (75mm for most Bay-1 TLR's), the other adjustment is the aperture setting. The adjustable focal length setting is due to the fact that this optic was sold with various adapters for a variety of cameras and lenses.

With a 75mm Bay-1 TLR the iris settings are from F8 to about F32. I've not used it, but I viewed the images on the screen of a Rollei (a Rolleicord or Rolleiflex, I can't remember). It focuses and illuminates some significant portion of the FOV, but not all of it.

I would certainly keep it and use it except for the fact that I now own a Bay-3 TLR (The Rolleiflex 2.8C).

It's a novelty for sure, and not perfect, but it's about $7500 cheaper than a 30mm Hasselblad Distagon :-)
    Last edited by davela; 03-01-2010 at 01:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    do you still have this thing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Why is there an aperture scale on it?
    I have one if these in C mount, with a step down adapter for 58mm threads. They are designed to "piggyback" on another lens. I have the same design, but it is labeled Soligor instead of Kenko. It does produce a circular image that can fit into the film frame, but whether or not the edges of the circle are cropped is dependent on the lens/format you mount it to. On mine, a 55mm lens on small format has the top and bottom of the circle cropped, and wider lenses show the whole circle. A 55mm lens on 6x4.5 shows the entire circle easily. As for the f stops, the accessory lens has its own diaphragm. You shoot with the "host" lens wide open, and use the diaphragm on the fisheye to control exposure. You have to set a rotating collar on the fisheye to the focal length of the lens to which it is attached, and it adjusts the f stop scale so that the actual max. size of the opening corresponds to the proper max. f stop for the focal length. For instance, since the max physical aperture does not change, the max f stop is f/3.5 when using a 28mm lens, but it is only f/22 when using a 200mm lens.

My guess is that on a 6x6 TLR with a normal lens, the entire image circle would be projected onto the film.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-04-2010 at 05:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    2F/2F, thanks for the info. In response to pray9, yes this is still available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin