Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,689   Online: 854

Shooter
    Medium Format

Everything you need to shoot 4x5

hello i'm selling all of my 4x5 kit, here we go:

-Shen Hao HZX45-IIA, it misses a small screw, i replaced with some screw that is not the same but works, apart from that is perfect.
    -210mm Caltar Pro Series 6.1 as new!
    -150mm Linhof Symmar 5.6 stuck shutter.
    -90mm Yamasaki 6.3 nice condition.

all lenses come with pouch, linhof type boards and cable release
    6 filters (49mm) and matching rings adaptors for all lenses (46-49mm, 40,5-49mm): 81b, 25A, 23A, 12, orange 02, and Polarizer.

-19 4x5 film holders, some are as new, some are old, but all are in working condition.
    -Polaroid 545i back.
    -5 Yankee tanks and 8 film holders.
    -Combiplan complete Tank kit.
    -Calumet darkcloth.
    -Toyo Loupe.
    -A few film (always in the fridge) aprox. 60-70 of diferent bw brands.

As you can see 4x5 never was that easy, all you need is a tripod, some chemicals and you are set and ready to go!!!
    i'm based in Barcelona, but i'm going quite often to sweden. It's a quite big outfit so sending it should be expensive.
    I heard reasonably offers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May I ask why you are selling this kit?

r

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sure!
    1-i've found that 4x5 is not that bigger leap in quality than my beloved 6x7 mamiya, but so much bulkier.
    2-i don't usually need lens/film movements for my kind of work, in fact i believe movements are the most overrated stuff about LF, if you're somekind of geometric junkie and work with perspectives all time maybe, but it's not the case of 96% of photographers i know.
    3-i don't need separate process for each picture, i end with 10 to 100 pictures of the same work/motif with same iso/camera/developing settings so roll film makes more sense to my style.
    4-i realized that the type of LF photography, or at least the look i was trying to achieve and admire about other photographers is not shot with 4x5, it's actually 8x10. That softness, color palette and gradation is miles away of 4x5.
    5-i've got some serious back injuries recently.
    6-ain't got any 4x5 enlarger or space to set one in my new apartment.

i'll miss wide angle photography though, i have my own freaking theory about lenses: "any lens in any format lower than 85mm/90mm is bullshit"

But i encourage anyone to give it a try and discover if it's your thing, it's not mine, at least not now.
    BTW the outfit is already sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Talked me out of it.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm

$

how much did it sell for?

looking to move up to 4x5
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Medium Format
    800€, a bit cheapish for spanish second hand market, i was asking 900/1000€. I've found quite sweet deals in usa ebay recently.

Shooter
    Large Format
    bummer, make a 10x8 pinhole camera, i used a old aluminum briefcase for 8x10, very light and wide angle too

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin