Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,917   Online: 1165

Shooter
    Multi Format

A. Schacht Travenar 90mm/f2.9 M42 mount

To be exact, it’s an “A. Schacht Ulm Edixa-Mat-Travenar-A 90mm/f2.8”

This is a nifty little zebra-striped German M42 lens that is about 1/2 the size of my 90mm/f2.8 Tamron macro lens AND it has a 49mm filter thread.

This slick little lens is the auto/manual switchable variety and it has an on-board threaded port for a shutter release. I assume that this was for use on a bellows with the double shutter release cable.

It includes (cheaply-made) German front and rear caps and the original storage tube.

The overall condition is good, with smooth focus and clean glass. The aperture is snappy, however there are some marks (not oil) on some of the blades (I tried to show this in the photos).

At any rate, it's a nice, compact portrait-length lens. I have had this lens for a while, but seldom use it since I have the Tamron 90mm/2.8 macro.
    I decided to use it last weekend when it snowed here to get some test shots and became quite fond of it very quickly. It is VERY sharp, even wide open. The focusing ring is very smooth and the aperture ring is easily accessible. You can easily go from focusing to the aperture and back by feel.

Sweet German glass here – any takers?

$190 with shipping, Paypal and APUG% included in the CONUS.

Lens Photos:

Comparison: Pentax M50/1.7 on left, Schacht 90mm/2.8 in the center and Tamron 90mm/2.8 macro on right:

Sample photos available on request.

Cheers,

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like some samples of this lens

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold on a different forum. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin