Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,926   Online: 971

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Shutter Curtain Material For Sale - Rebuild Your Graflex SLR, etc

Hello fellow APUGers. I would like to make an APUG-only offering at the moment - hopefully there will be enough interest to keep it just within the family! If you have a Graflex giant SLR with a dry, brittle or cracked shutter curtain then this is a chance to bring the old girl back to life. I have some beautiful shutter cloth material for sale. It is modern rubberized nylon fabric - imagine glossy low-friction synthetic silk on one side and a smooth rubber face on the other. This material is absolutely light-tight. It has no pinholes whatsoever even under intense halogen light inspection. The attached photo shows the 'before and after' of my recent rebuild of a Press Graflex shutter. It will give you an idea of how gorgeous this material is.

A length sufficient to rebuild a 5x7 SLR such as an Auto Graflex would be $35 plus a couple of dollars shipping cost from Massachusetts in the USA. For a 4x5 such as an RB Series B, the cost would be $30 plus the shipping.

If you have a smaller project such as a Reflex Korelle or a Fed or Leica, then we can work out something reasonable as well.

Due to its suppleness this material would also be excellent for a bellows rebuilding project, although I have not yet used it for this purpose.

All the best to APUGers,

Jon Koss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4408.jpg  
    Last edited by jon koss; 02-25-2010 at 01:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What about the more common 4x5 Speed Graphics? BTW, do you know if the curtains are identical for all years/models in the 4x5 Speed Graphics?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Do you have the size for making 4x5 camera bellows

Do you have the size for making 4x5 camera bellows?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorBlind View Post
    Do you have the size for making 4x5 camera bellows?
    Hi ColorBlind - Can you clarify the question if you get a moment? Are you asking if I know the dimensions for making a 4x5 bellows? If so, I do not know the information but I am guessing that someone here could guess pretty well by measuring their 4x5 Deardorff or what have you.

If you are asking if I have enough material for a 4x5 bellows, then the answer is yes, I do. Just let me know the dimensions of the piece you require and then we can price it out.

Thanks,

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Mike - The garden variety Speed curtain would be $30 also. If you are building up from scratch it is probably best to work out your own aperture spacing by tacking the cloth to the roller and then winding on, marking the correct window location, winding on again, marking again, etc. This will ensure perfect results. If you are thinking of a swaperoo with another Speed, then I think any curtain from a like model will fit. Not sure about unlike models.

Best,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    What about the more common 4x5 Speed Graphics? BTW, do you know if the curtains are identical for all years/models in the 4x5 Speed Graphics?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Jon,

I was hoping you'd offer a pre-made direct replacement for 4x5 Speed Graphics of various vintages. I'll bet there would be several buyers here and many on the various other forums especially if you offered easy-to-follow instructions... a KIT!! BTW, dummies like me need pikchers.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm - interesting idea, Mike. At what price do you think the curtains would need to sell in order to create buyer interest?

Best,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Hi Jon, I was hoping you'd offer a pre-made direct replacement for 4x5 Speed Graphics of various vintages... Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi jon

i WISH i needed bellows fabric ... kit or no kit!
    you just seem to have the best stuff for sale ...

and a good sense of humor to booot!

your century is doing find

john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss View Post
    Hmmm - interesting idea, Mike. At what price do you think the curtains would need to sell in order to create buyer interest?

Best,
    Jon
    I don't think $30plus actual shipping is unreasonable. People are lazy and mostly stoopid (like me). Make it easy with instructions/pics and reasonably priced and you'll make a profit. It's as simple as that. You just need to make MANY at one time to save TIME. How many times have you seen so-called "perfect" items bring top-dollar on shiteBay??

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    graflex rebuild kit, be careful yo don't say you sell the metal edges...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin