Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,277   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Hmm. Just saw this and would have definitely gone for the $300 price. Raising the price on an unsold item is, um, odd. Would you consider somewhere in between?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think it's fair, considering a 50 1.4 is in the mix...it'd be odd to undersell it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When a seller has a high price and the item fails to sell, its the same as if the seller has purchased the item. I always like to deal with ready, willing, and able sellers and avoid the "I would rather keep it than give it away" wannabees. However, I understand, if you feel its worth a certain amount, then ask that. When it doesn't sell and rather than lower the price, you raise it, you look foolish.

But then again, its a free country.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, one is free to speak as ignorantly as one wishes to. The fact is, I've had lots of interest in this item and could have sold it right away. I chose not to, which is my choice and right, and offer an item at a price that is still quite fair. Apologies if that gets any knickers in a twist.

But hey, thanks for the bump. Tire-kickers do have their place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Yes, one is free to speak as ignorantly as one wishes to. The fact is, I've had lots of interest in this item and could have sold it right away. I chose not to, which is my choice and right, and offer an item at a price that is still quite fair. Apologies if that gets any knickers in a twist.

But hey, thanks for the bump. Tire-kickers do have their place.
    Ha ha, well Collin, you said “Feel free to disagree but keep in mind I'm nice ….” But then you post “speak as ignorantly” when any disagreement is posted or were you meaning yourself?

Anyway, glad to bump if it helps, and more power to you. I would like to see values go up on everything as a seller.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    FOLKS -

You may call me a chiseller for this, but it's pretty clear I'm underselling this camera. I'd like to change the price to US$400 plus shipping for the same combo.

I think it's still fair. Feel free to disagree but keep in mind I'm nice to small animals, donate regularly to charity and recycle paper and plastic.
    YOUR GEAR COLIN...I have no issues with the change. Wish I could still afford it even at the $300 price right now. My time will come.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, Luke...much appreciated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    When a seller has a high price and the item fails to sell, its the same as if the seller has purchased the item. I always like to deal with ready, willing, and able sellers and avoid the "I would rather keep it than give it away" wannabees. However, I understand, if you feel its worth a certain amount, then ask that. When it doesn't sell and rather than lower the price, you raise it, you look foolish.

But then again, its a free country.

Problem is, he didn't raise the price because it failed to sell... he raised the price because people wanted to buy it. I've tried three times now to buy it from him. Thursday when he "relisted" it, I was ready to send him money, but he wanted me to wait a few days so he could get a shipping quote.

Ah well, I guess if a deal sounds too good to be true, it must be.

That's how my luck's run lately. Last week I responded to a craigslist ad for a m645 proTL outfit for $400. I drove 30 miles to meet the guy, and on arrival he told me someone else had offered him $500 and I'd have to match that price if I wanted it. Some people just have no sense of business ethics.
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg View Post
    Problem is, he didn't raise the price because it failed to sell... he raised the price because people wanted to buy it. I've tried three times now to buy it from him. Thursday when he "relisted" it, I was ready to send him money, but he wanted me to wait a few days so he could get a shipping quote.

Ah well, I guess if a deal sounds too good to be true, it must be.

That's how my luck's run lately. Last week I responded to a craigslist ad for a m645 proTL outfit for $400. I drove 30 miles to meet the guy, and on arrival he told me someone else had offered him $500 and I'd have to match that price if I wanted it. Some people just have no sense of business ethics.
    Sad but true. The thing is, on eBay a seller pays to sell and is far more motivated to do so. Rules may be broken but the history follows you.
    Anyway, I was curious about prices and checked "Sold" on the bay, anywhere from $100 on up. Some dogs, some looked mint. Might be your best bet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fotch, I'm not sure what your problem is with me but your attention is unwelcome and is hurting the camaraderie of the board. Please ignore me and I'll return the favour.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin