Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,813   Online: 984

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Possibly but unlikely. Somebody would jump on it. Its not like much can be wrong with a large format camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's partly luck, someone wanting one when you're selling, and what else is available at the same time.

You've pitched the camera at a very fair price, so good luck

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, you've got it advertised in the right place (APUG and LFF). I think the price is reasonable - not fire sale but very reasonable. If it is a 45DX, you're asking 1/2 (or less) of the new price.

I don't know if the back is original to the camera or not, but certainly is a Wista back. In fact, it looks like it may be the back from a Wista technical 4x5 and, if so, an upgrade to the original back. If you have specifics on the back, I'd include that in the ad. For example, is it a revolving back?

Location could be an issue and/or, as Ian suggests, unlucky timing.

My only suggestions are to be very specific in your ad about condition of wood, GG, bellows, fittings, etc. I'd also put a lot of detailed photos up on Picassa, Flickr, or some other image hosting service. Let people see just how nice it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The back is original to the model. Its a 45DXIII.

Location is probably the issue.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Chris,

I reckon you should relist it, if you can put up with the wait - you really are selling a beautiful camera quite reasonably - there's at least two other Wistas on ebay currently for twice that (admittedly one has a lens, one is new (but not the graflok version), and so it's really about "finding a buyer". You are probably right about location, but even here in Australia, there is interest... Also, yours has the fold out hood, and I had to fork out an extra $200 to buy one of these new, so that's nothing to be sneezed at!

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I will relist in a day or two. In the mean time I am open for offers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you relist I'd recommend a lower starting bid. Put a reserve on it if you wish but I've found people reluctant to put in a high first bid. I know I'm that way with some auctions, I feel better if there's at least one other sucker bidding with me. If you can get people to start bidding at a lower price they'll hopefully keep going.

Alan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    how do I put in a reserve? I have never seen this option?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm assuming AU Ebay is the same as US Ebay. If it is there should be an option in the same area where you put in the price asking if you'd like to set a reserve price.

Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All Ebay's are run off the same server and have identical Login's, I often search the US & German Ebay's logging into them then saving Watched items.

Krrys one problem is sometimes items don't map across the different Ebay's properly as the actual categories differ, so someone might look in the Large Format camera section in say the UK or US and not spot your listing.

Ian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin