Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 842

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

LGM's Make a Haul #2 Petzval

If you're unsure what LGM's are, refer to sale #1.

Floyd and Cletus were really proud of getting this one for me. And they should be! It's gorgeous!

This is a Wollensak Series A f5 Portrait Petzval of just over a 100 years ago. This one is the #4 12" for full plate format. Actually we would use it on 8X10 and let the corners go shadowy so we can show off the crazy Swirlies.

What's really neat about the f5 series is you only lose 2/3 stop from the showboat lenses but the size is so much more manageable. This would fit on a 4X4 board if you wanted it to bad enough! The f4 lenses need a 6X6 board at least.

This has a perfect smooth operating round aperture. Aperture is the old US style. 2 4 8 16 32 64 etc. f16 is the anchor. It's the same in both systems. So you have to count stops forward or backward from f16 to get to our modern equivalents.

Hoping I don't have to put this on Eekbay. Prices have gone nutty for petzvals there. Give me $565 for this one and Floyd will be satisfied. Cletus thinks I should get twice that! Glass is gorgeous! You get to pay the shipping.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    <drools>

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

SOLD

Sold over at LFForum. Thanks All!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin