Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,318   Online: 886

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

LGM's Make a Haul #3 Convertible Anastigmat

3rd up, and I'm getting sleepy, so this may be it for tonight.........or not.

Maybe it's time to do a little Time Traveling of your own......and this lens can take you there.

You've just rolled up to the magnificent tortured terrain of Golden Canyon, Death Valley in your new black '38 Ford V8. You tell your driver, your OH so easy to look at driver, to pull off the dirt road right here.

While you're setting up the RIes, your assistant, yes, the one with the legs that go all the way to Beersheeba, her, .......... now where was I? Oh yeah, your assistant brings the case with the new Century Universal. You press the button to open it and your eyes fix on a gleaming Gundlach Turner Reich Convertible Anastigmat.

You are of course, Edward Weston, and with the generous funding of the Guggenheim fellowship, you've bought the best tools money and technology can provide.

This TR is in wonderful shape. All of them show a bit of yellow balsam at this point. Nature of the beasty. This one is in the top 10 percent of all of them I've had come and go. The glass is gorgeous. The shutter is consistent if a bit optimistic. $225 + shipping please.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW, what a story, what a lens,but what happened to the leggy assistant with the beer?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Charis was with us until last November. She died at 95.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get it know,got a little cared away,nice price however.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This would go so nicely with my 2D. If only I had money....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Beautiful lens. I may be interested. When you talk about the "yellow balsam," are you talking about the glass itself? Also, can you tell me the focal length of the lens at each combination, and also confirm that its coverage is for 8x10? (I generally shoot 4x5, so I would need to adjust for that.)

Thanks,
    Jason Weston (great grandson of Edward)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWeston View Post
    Beautiful lens. I may be interested. When you talk about the "yellow balsam," are you talking about the glass itself? Also, can you tell me the focal length of the lens at each combination, and also confirm that its coverage is for 8x10? (I generally shoot 4x5, so I would need to adjust for that.)

Thanks,
    Jason Weston (great grandson of Edward)
    Hi Jason.

I need to update the ad. In fact that lens is sold and I just mailed it off yesterday. Welcome to APUG. Do you have some things on line to look at?

Best, Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin