Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,386   Online: 1021

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

LGM's Make a Haul #4 Convertible Protars

I shouldn't follow the Turner Reich so closely with Protar's! Protar's easily trump TR's (although I like them both and have MANY pictures in the favorites pile made with the TR), and prices reflect that.

Here we have 2 really gorgeous factory mounted Bausch and Lomb licensed Zeiss Protar convertibles. I'm going to guess 1940's on the black one and 1950's on the silver one.

Both of them are Series VIIa f6.3 models. The black one is 2 identical 16 1/8th inch cells that combine to make a 9 1/4" lens. The 16 1/8 cells are f 12.5 used alone. The scale has both possibilities.

The silver one is two 14 3/4" cells that combine to make an f6.3, 7 7/8" lens.

Both of the Ilex 3's are running spiffy. Both! of these lenses are usable on 8X10. The 7 7/8 is a little tight. The 9 1/4 has excellent movement on 8X10. Both have gorgeous glass. Both of them will break my heart to have to put in a box and send to a new home. $485 for the black, and $435 for the silver. You pay shipping.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Black one is Sold

The Black is sold but the Silver is available. Thanks!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin