Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fiducio View Post
    How much of an image circle does it cover? I'm trying to replace a broken Land Camera shutter with a fully manual one, and can't find much info on this lens in particular. Thanks!
    I don't know about the image circle. I can't seem to find any info. The Koni Omega cameras were 6x7. Yet many similar press cameras of the era also had 6x9 backs. I think it's possible this lens could cover 6x9, but I wouldn't expect more than that. Greg Weber might know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by artbyalina View Post
    Harris (if I am not mistaken?)
    Here is one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Super-Omeg...item27affa51e6

Somehow the other two I saw a couple of days ago are not there any more. Perhaps the auctions ended, I did not watch those lenses. Considering how I just bought a Koni Omega camera after spending weeks on Ebay looking at everything related to these cams, it IS possible that I was thinking of lenses I saw previously. I did searches for " omegon", "koni", "omega", "hexagon", "super omegon".
    First, the auction you referenced is the same one I mentioned - $26 with 4 days left. You can't compare my price to an auction that's not yet completed. If there were others with ended auctions, they would show up with a search for "completed" auctions. Perhaps you saw a listing for a 90mm Omega enlarging lens.

If I had something demonstrably incorrect in my ad, like saying this lens has a 1/1000 speed, a public comment might be warranted. If you think that my price is unrealistic and you want to enlighten me, then send a PM. But a public comment is both arrogant and rude.

Further, while eBay has become the de facto reference point for pricing, far too many eBay sellers are less than forthright about the condition of the items they sell and inflate shipping fees. I described this lens fully and honestly, charge the actual shipping cost, and donate a % to APUG.

This is not to say that my price is right. I've been married over 30 years - I'm used to being told I'm wrong. But I haven't seen anything, and you haven't presented anything, that shows my price is unrealistic. Absent any facts to support your point of view, keep in mind the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 90 I have is razor sharp, KO's are nice rugged pieces.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    First, the auction you referenced is the same one I mentioned - $26 with 4 days left. You can't compare my price to an auction that's not yet completed. If there were others with ended auctions, they would show up with a search for "completed" auctions. Perhaps you saw a listing for a 90mm Omega enlarging lens.

If I had something demonstrably incorrect in my ad, like saying this lens has a 1/1000 speed, a public comment might be warranted. If you think that my price is unrealistic and you want to enlighten me, then send a PM. But a public comment is both arrogant and rude.

Further, while eBay has become the de facto reference point for pricing, far too many eBay sellers are less than forthright about the condition of the items they sell and inflate shipping fees. I described this lens fully and honestly, charge the actual shipping cost, and donate a % to APUG.

This is not to say that my price is right. I've been married over 30 years - I'm used to being told I'm wrong. But I haven't seen anything, and you haven't presented anything, that shows my price is unrealistic. Absent any facts to support your point of view, keep in mind the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.".
    The reaction seems largely disproportionate to the comment. I meant no offense, however surprising you might find that to be.

Peace?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by artbyalina View Post
    The reaction seems largely disproportionate to the comment. I meant no offense, however surprising you might find that to be.

Peace?
    Absolutely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin