Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 982

Shooter
    35mm

Voigtlander Bessa I & Voigtlander Ext. RF - $160 Shipped

Up for sale (cause I need money for a Mamiya Super 23 lens) is my Voigtlander Bessa I & Voigtlander external RF. Also throwing in a nice locking cable release.

Lowdown...

Shutter: Accurate - Film tested, works beautifully on all speeds. This is the Prontor-S shutter and has speeds of 1 sec, 1/2, 1/5, 1/10, 1/25, 1/50, 1/100, & 1/250.

Lens: Glass is very clean, i.e. not scratched, couple of very small cleaning marks, couple specks of dust. No haze or fungus. BUT - the lens is cracked inside, you can see it in the photo and I have made sure it is very visible by shining a light in the back. It does not affect photos, I have a roll I just developed last night getting scanned right now and they looked beautiful under a 10X loupe on my light box. I did not crack it, I bought it this way from eBay seller "camera$". This lens is the 105mm f4.5 Vaskar.

Aperture: Dry and smooth

Focus: Smooth - turn front element to focus

Bellows - Light tight - tested with film and flashlight in dark room. No pinholes at all, they are supple and not cracking.

VF - Has an interior mask that is adjusted by turning a knob on the back of the camera, has settings for 6X9 infinity, 6X9 1m/3ft, 4X6 infinity, and 4X6 1m/3ft. The camera originally came with a mask for producing 4X6 negatives on 120 film but is long gone. The VF is in good shape and has no dust, not perfect but it is a 60 year old camera.

Film winding is done with a knob on the left side of the camera, there is a little metal piece that pops down into the slot on the top of the take up reel, it sometimes must be snapped into place by pulling up on the knob and letting the spring pop back. A bit idiosyncratic but it is an old camera.

I have removed all of the chrome on the top plate and have buffed it to high shine. The camera has a lockout to prevent double exposure so you have to turn the winding knob to be able to push the shutter button. Correct frame spacing is done by viewing the numbers through a red window on the back of the camera and there is a little knob to cover the hole from the inside when not advancing the film. The exterior covering was falling off when I got the camera so I has been recovered with the thinnest material I could find since normal thickness replacement vulcanite sticks up past the edges about 1.5mm and looks crappy. The material is a black faux leather/vinyl. It was secured with E-6000 glue that is strong but will come off if you wanted to recover it at some time in the future.

The Voigtlander external RF is accurate and aligned. The numbers on the RF match up with the numbers on the lens and are in feet. I did repaint the front section with auto grade black gloss paint. It is now a two tone RF, black & gray.

All in all this is a super cool looking and very well working 6X9 folder.

Please PM me with any questions you may have. BTW I paid $45 for the external rangefinder and $124 so I am losing a bit but would like to buy a 65mm f6.3 lens for my Mamiya Super 23 camera that is on the way to me.

I can take PayPal for payment or I can even accept a MO or personal check (if I know you). If you want to pay by PayPal I would greatly appreciate it if you could send the payment as a "gift" to help me avoid the fees. Also % will go to APUG. Shipping is included in the US, international will be more depending on your location but around $23 to make up the difference.

PS: This is perhaps the longest description I have ever written but wanted to explain all the little bits and bobs with the beauty.

Check this link for detailed photos of the camera and rangefinder

"A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would you be willing to let the external RF go seperatly?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin