Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,632   Online: 767

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Nachtwey's Inferno

I bought this book as new off of ebay. It is in fair condition I would say *I am not a book dealer or someone who knows much about rating the condition of a book*. It has some water damage on the bottom end of the pages but the binding and page faces themselves are clean as the day I got it.

This book is, in my opinion, a display of one of the pinnacles of analog photo journalism. It covers James Nachtwey's documentation of Serbia, Rwanda, Chechnya, etc. All black and white photography, many many double page spreads. The photographs themselves are both extremely sobering and humbling, very powerful stuff.

It goes for around 100$ new. Thinking $75 plus $10 for shipping? Paypal is cool with me I can eat the fees no problem, just gotta pay for school. Get at me!

Apologies for the terrible photos, photo booth is the only digi cam I have.

some of the water damage

more

That's about as bad as it gets ^. It is purely cosmetic but I realize it detracts from the book. Open to offers but nothing too low ha.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    bump for leaving on vacation till april 4th.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is an incredible book. Often too depressing to leaf through though. It's also big and heavy enough too flatten FB prints

Considering the book's subject matter, it's almost heresy to talk about technicalities at this point, but having watched the "War Photographer" video I understand Nachtwey used TriX film for the majority of images and I'm always stunned by the quality of the huge double page spreads which are about the equivalent to 40x50cm prints.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin