Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,085   Online: 1096

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Beseler 45MX, Dichro 45S, carriers - Chicago area

OK, I have a very well equipped Beseler 45MX that I'd like to sell as a complete package at a great price to someone in the Chicago area. And by that I mean I'm willing to drive quite a ways to meet someone if you're even remotely close - Milwaukee, Valparaiso, almost anywhere in Illinois...

I'm going to list the major groups of items with their "price", which is what I'll sell them off for separately if nobody jumps at the whole package. Those prices add up to $450, but I'll sell the package for just $400, and I'll also throw in a bunch of misc stuff to help you get a darkroom going if you need it: timer, safelight, easel, stainless tanks and reels, trays, etc.

Beseler 45MX with condenser head and a small pile of lens boards. $125. This is in far nicer shape than your average Beseler 45. The baseboard tells the story - no gouges, no missing edge chunks, no stains. Comes with two extra brand new bulbs.

Beseler Dichro 45S color head with 4x5 and 35mm mixing chambers $125. Perfect working order, just a little tape residue on the front faceplate. I'll also throw in a pile of extra bulbs.

Beseler negative carriers - a nearly complete collection $125. Here is what is included:

NegaFlat - 4x5, has a little bit of surface rust in the nooks and crannies, but fully functional

8343 - 4x5 with Anti-Newton glass

35N - a 35mm full-frame carrier. Light paint wear

8304 - 35mm. Light paint wear

8304 - 35mm. Light paint wear

8304 - 35mm. Light paint wear, light surface rust at hinge.

8304 - 35mm. Spotless, newer style with springy hinge.

8301 - looks like 110 to me. Looks unused (if you can imagine!)

8336 - looks like 16mm to me. Paint wear. Hole drilled in handle (to hang it on a hook?)

8328 - looks like 6x7 to me. Little bit of paint wear.

8312 - 6x6 (2-1/4 square). Little paint wear, slight surface rust at hinge, hole drilled in handle.

8334 - 6x4.5 (645). Paint wear.

8334 - 6x4.5 (645). Looks nearly new.

8305 - mounted 2x2 slide carrier. Looks nearly new.

8305 - mounted 2x2 slide carrier. Only slightly used. Has more complex plastic base to slide holder than other one.

Off-brand(?) 35mm neg holder. Bare aluminum, pieces are separate and not hinged together.

Same as above but for 6x6.

NegaTrans - older style (rectangular) 35mm strip carrier

NegaTrans - newer style (angled edges with round adapter plate for 45MX) 35mm strip carrier

NegaTrans - newer style (round adapter; also comes with bottom plate for use with smaller enlargers) 120/220 strip carrier. Has sliding masks to go from 6x6 to 6x9 (I think?) Includes usually-missing optional full-width top glass. Includes never-seen optional top glass with masking for 6x4.5.

At the time (a few years ago) I put new drive belts in all 3 NegaTrans units. The medium-format one seems a little balky from lack of use, might just need more use... while the 35mm ones seem fine. Included are all the belts I picked up along the way, some the right size and some not. (I was buying from McMaster-Carr by guessed size, not getting the too-expensive ones in Beseler bags.)

Rodenstock Rodagon 150mm lens on Beseler board $75. This is a very nice lens, and not always easy to track down a board and lock ring for (50mm) but here it is ready to go. The board once had a little light pipe thing sticking down...that's been removed and the hole covered with gaffer tape.

So, someone in this state or a nearby one should definitely scoop up on this great deal, or I'll start selling off the groups. And if that doesn't work, off to that evil auction site it goes...

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interested in all the neg carriers for my school. Can't take enlarger, as I live in L.A. Let me know when you decide to split the package.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent on the Beseler negative carriers
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    everyone wants the carriers... I want the carriers too! Whoever ends up with them, maybe I can buy one or two off you?
    Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also wouldn't mind having the dichro head if it could be shipped for a sane price. I have a beseler computerized color head, and it's old and acts wonky. Having a manual head would make life simpler.
    Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK I have a deal for the whole shebang, pending working out a time/place to meet. If that falls through I'll post back here in a week or so.

Those negative carriers were gathered over quite a stretch of time on ebay, a few years ago. I think if you're patient you'll eventually find any given carrier you're looking for there. You have to be extra-super patient to get them at sane prices like I did, though.

Yes, I owned and resold a few of the computerized color heads along the way and the same line of reasoning is why I kept the newer manual one! I got them all running and bulletproof, but all it would take is one IC failure and the thing is unusable until it's repaired. Obscure detail note: this 45S head has the newer 4x5 mixing chamber (without the feedback loop electrical connection), while the 35mm box is the older style (which works just fine in the newer head, with nothing plugged in to the connector.) You can use an older mixing box in all heads, but the newer boxes will only work in the newer head.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a set of mixing boxes for my head, 35/67/45, but I haven't looked to see if they have the connector or not
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM Sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, we met in between and traded money for a very nice enlarger rig. I also sold him the Beseler Adjus-Table I had forgotten to list here, for exactly the $100 I had into it. Sorry to everyone who wanted the carriers and stuff, but I think the new owner is a very happy camper!

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad to see you got what you needed for it, now I don't feel quite as bad about stiffing you in the 11th hour!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin