Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,341   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

360mm Tele Xenar f5.5 on Linhof Technika board

Used 360mm on Technika board. I purchased this from the original
    owner in NYC back in 1982. I have used it sparingly. It is in the same condition as when I got it. Shutter is right (the second setting needs a few cocks to get it right).... that's what she said.
    Glass is clean, no rubbing marks or haze.
    $425 and I will pick up the priority mail within the US.

Paypal will work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _O4B3289.jpg   _O4B3290.jpg   _O4B3293.jpg   _O4B3296.jpg   camera570.jpg  

Last edited by jettortiz; 03-31-2010 at 05:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add photos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one of these matched and cammed to its original Tech III body. Very nice lens. Very nice to shoot 4x5 telephoto hand held! Seems equivalent of about a 105mm lens on a Nikon, though it is a fatter frame, of course. Top shutter speed of '100 on my Compound shutter hand held seems a bit of a stretch, so I have used a monopod the few times I have shot with it. Who knows, though. It might be fine without it...and this one could have a different type of shutter for all I know.

I feel lucky that I got mine in mint condition (probably never used, quite literally) in the three-lens camera kit for a major steal.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just added jpegs, I too got mine for a steal, oh by the way the serial # is 2712502.
    Have not used this hand held, this shutter goes to 1/100th, that's it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just saw that the pix have been added. It is, indeed, a Compound shutter, and on a Tech III board. Looks identical to mine. As I wrote, I have only used mine with a monopod, not plain-ol' hand held.

My serials are 3415525 lens, and 757876 shutter. My Tech III version four kit means that my serials should be c. 1954 (just like my Speed, and my other Technika, entirely coincidentally), so I assume yours is early '50's or maybe late '40s. I assume it came on a Tech III version one, two, or three.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-31-2010 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good thing I'm by this computer, the serial on the shutter is 751505, (didn't know shutters had ser#'s) Bought this, 2 other lenses and a Technika 3 from a woman photographer, who was retiring, I remember
    her telling me she bought the thing new in 1950.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice kit. Do you still have it? If so, it would be a shame to separate the 360 from its original cam-matched body.

Interesting that you are in L.A. too. That is where I live (born and raised, sixth generation L.A. resident), and where got both of my Tech III kits.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a very hard time to sell anything, just deciding on this lens was not easy. (I think the cams went into storage) when I stripped the camera.
    I use it more as a view camera.
    My family goes back to L.A. around 1912, from Mexico. (How many generations is that?) I too born here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Our families have been here about the same amount of time. I might have a generation or so on you.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you catch the new photo I posted, found that shot in a Swedish magazine many moons ago. Same model Technika.

Will the lens cover my 8x10 Deardorff with adequate movements?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin