Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,630   Online: 978

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Old box of Supra Endura 8x10 (100 sheets)

I'm not sure which black hole of darkroom cr@p this was hidden in, but I just came across a 100-sheet box of Supra Endura 8x10 "E" surface. *Un-Opened* Purchased 02/2003, no expiration date listed.

Emulsion code: 0323 67-00MBM7

If that helps anybody.

Here's the bad news, it's been stored at room temperature this whole time. I have *no* idea of what condition it's in, color-wise.

I've also got a partial box (15 sheets?) of Supra Endura "F" surface 10x12 that I'll throw in. Same age and condition as the 8x10. I won't sell these separately.

$20 plus shipping or make me an offer. Payment via PayPal preferred.

--Greg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hate to break it to you but the paper is hopelessly out of date and really only good for cleanup sheets.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah...I know it's out of date. I think I was pretty clear about that in the original posting. But people shoot film backwards, or cross-process, or any other sort of thing to get weird color effects. So why not print on expired paper?

Seriously, if you think $20 is too much, make me an offer.

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will have a cream-to-yellow tint by now, but will still be printable in pix in which this is acceptable. I have made good use of much old RA paper, mostly for printing cross processed negs.

FWIW, the original price was probably under $40. I would price it in relation to this the same way one would price unrefrigerated and outdated color film being sold to cross processers. IME, this is anywhere from free to maybe 30 or 40 percent of the original value.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was paying $40 retail for 8x10 100 pack, current product, 4 months ago. Just before the emergence of the 50 sheet packs with the huge price increase.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah...the $20 was a guess on value. 2F/2F, I agree with your valuation scheme up to 30-40% of new, I just have no idea how much I originally paid for it. Given the quantity, I assumed it would have some value to someone who was willing to dial in the color properly. So how much...$15 plus postage? $10?

I don't really want to throw it out, but it's not doing me any good.

--Greg

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's pretty simple...unlike b/w, color paper does not last long, even in the fridge. Back in the day when there were various emulsions it was not unusual to throw out reams of old stock or keep it around for clean-up sheets. It goes sour approx. two years after the date of manufacture. I'm not trying to be a pill or anything but I don't think anyone here is going to buy it let alone pay shipping in the event that you were giving it away.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well...if nobody's interested, into the trash it goes...

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least fix it and recover the silver first.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Did you actually throw this away? I may be a little late but I'd take it for $10 and shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin